1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evolution/Creation Poll -- Please Vote!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Dec 27, 2004.

?
  1. 6 day Creation -- Genesis is literal

77.1%
  2. Gap or Old Earth, but no death until sin occurred

8.3%
  3. Old Earth with death before sin occurred

11.5%
  4. Theistic Evolution -- animals evolved until God decided to put a soul in one.

3.1%
  5. Evolution -- absolutely no need for any supernatural causes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What happened is this:"the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." Gen 2:7

Blessings,

Luis

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Luis,

Welcome to the Baptist Board. I appreciate your sensible approach to the Bible. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Thank God for the 'house cleaning' of the SBC!!

These liberal views of the bible make me ill! They don't make sense at all. Of course I'm just an average person, not even close to being a theologin. I just read and study my bible at home and learn more about it at church.

Rachel

5. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dear brother I think you are presenting false dichotomies, you are incurring in a logical fallacy.

I accept the whole Bible as the Word of God, and I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God to save.

In Christ,

Luis

6. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Craig, I love the Lord and his Word.

In Him,

Luis

7. Craigbythesea

Personally, I want to know the truth about God and the Bible. Whether it is liberal, moderate, or conservative is not of much concern to me. After all, what good is a conservative view of creation theology if the creationists have it all wrong? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Craigbythesea

. . . and it shows in your posts! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

. . . and it shows in your posts! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sure, however, you guys want to interpret his word. hahaha I quoted an entire chapter that you say is probably not true. Talk about false logic. :rolleyes:

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

That's okay, you just don't believe Genesis 1-11. [​IMG]

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

My dear brother I think you are presenting false dichotomies, you are incurring in a logical fallacy.

I accept the whole Bible as the Word of God, and I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God to save.

In Christ,

Luis
    </font>[/QUOTE]But you just don't believe what God says about a six day creation. :rolleyes: It makes for perfect logic. Throw out the first part, you might as well throw out the rest. What makes you believe the gospels and not believe the creation story in Genesis? ;)

12. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

13. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

The Bible makes it clear that often the wise will not be able to see the truth because their own wisdom gets in the way.

It makes me laugh that someone can pick and chose what they want to believe about the Bible; saying that it is a matter of interpretation (while maintaining a straight face.)

Faith comes from reading and hearing the word. It is obvious that some people haven't done much reading themselves. Or they have spent much more time in a secular book reading evolution "THEORY" that is mathematically impossible; while saying their faith in God is strong. Personally, evolution takes more faith than an all-knowing, omnipotent God.

SURE, God had to try and try again to get animals from a single cell up to mankind. Now, THAT's REAL LOGIC. :rolleyes:

Like I say, why even bother with the gospels? If its all in the way you interpret it. I guess the story of Jesus being God could just as well be an allegory to teach us all how to behave. :rolleyes: .....NOT!

14. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Well, the fact that Tyronnosaurs Rex had teeth only fit for eating flesh and died 65 million years before the Adam walked in Eden, is evidence against the strictly literal interpretation for animals never eating meat before the flood. On the other hand, it is a marvelous truth even today that all of us animals, even the meat eaters among us, are utterly dependent ultimately on plant life for survival; for we either eat the plants directly or we eat animals that ate plants or we eat animals that ate animals that ate plants. Hence, in a truly profound sense, we are all ultimately eaters of plants.

15. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

That's exactly what I think Phillip. When Adam and Eve took a bite out of a piece of fruit, cellular damage occured and the cell, the living cell, died. To make use of the food they ate, energy had to be used. The second law of thermodynamics had to be in place before the fall.

Also, If physical death were not possible in the pre-fall world, what was the need for the tree of life? Why did God say that man had to be prevented from taking from the tree of life and live forever if there was already no physical death? And, why is the tree of life mentioned as being present in the book of revelation? Why will we need it in eternity?

God made everything in 6 days just as recorded in Genesis. Evening and morning are still occuring as delimited by the "rising and falling" of the sun and moon, those items placed in the sky for signs, just as they did back then.

16. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yep, Paul, I guess you were there 65 million years ago to confirm the date that he walked around on the earth. Would you like to explain the method used to DATE 65 million years ago (whether radiological or otherwise)? Specifically, please. . .

17. Paul of Eugene

Careful about calling God a liar, Phillip. Because if you examine Matthew 1:17 it says

"Therefore all the generations from Abraham to David are fourtieen generations; and from David to the deporation to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the time Christ fourteen generations".

The generations Matthew counted are given in Matthew 1-16. There is is just one little problem: in the corresponding old testament genologies it is evidence that Matthew SKIPPED SOME NAMES - you can compare them yourself at 1 Chronicles 2:10-17. There were, in fact, MORE THAN 14 generations.

Now according to the literalistic rules you yourself insist we all follow or else God is a liar, then God is a liar. I suggest you figure out that it is a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to LEAVE NAMES OUT in a list of this sort and IT IS NOT A LIE to make a list with names left out. God is NOT A LIAR.

But since names can be left out, there goes your arguement against there being any more than 6000 years between us and Adam.

18. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well it's obvious to me that the evolutionists here know exactly how the 1st few chapters of Genesis work. If they can answer these questions I will concede to them.
    When did life begin?
    When did man & woman come upon the earth with a soul (month,day,& year please)?
    What is the birthdate of the existance of the universe?
    How long did it take(in years) for the DNA to form for each of the following:
    man
    fur bearing animals
    fish
    fowl
    insects?
    If it takes a designer to design a watch,aircraft,building or automobile, why does'nt it take a designer to make the universe and all known life?
    Why would God use a system like evolution ?

19. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I am not the one calling God a liar.

It is well known that the Jews often left out people where were not as important as others, but the numbers are small.

My argument is not gone because 14-14-14 does not equal 65 million years.

You are making a long stretch to use the fact that a few names may have been left out of a list, to changing the entire story of the creation. Big difference. . .
    Do you, Paul, believe in macro-evolution?

20. Paul of Eugene

Yep, Paul, I guess you were there 65 million years ago to confirm the date that he walked around on the earth. Would you like to explain the method used to DATE 65 million years ago (whether radiological or otherwise)? Specifically, please. . . </font>[/QUOTE]Well, the scientists who do the dating are able to post something as "precise" as 65 million years ago are going to have to be using analysis of radioactive decay results. While the geologists prior to the discovery of radioactivity were able to see that vast ages were involved, without the "clock" of radioactive decay, the estimates would be much cruder of course!

Since radioactive decay has been shown to not change over time, this is a reliable method.

More information is available for those interested in the details, for example . .

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dating.html