1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evolution/Creation Poll -- Please Vote!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Dec 27, 2004.

?
  1. 6 day Creation -- Genesis is literal

77.1%
  2. Gap or Old Earth, but no death until sin occurred

8.3%
  3. Old Earth with death before sin occurred

11.5%
  4. Theistic Evolution -- animals evolved until God decided to put a soul in one.

3.1%
  5. Evolution -- absolutely no need for any supernatural causes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Bill you should see this beautiful watch that my grandpaw gave me.
    about six billion years it was just a spring then about 5 billion years ago it evolved gears and a watch face then after 4 billion years it evolved hands and the case then about 3 millionyears ago it was in the pre wind stage where th time eroded this beautiful engraving on it and its early development of its winding maehanisim and only about 1 million years ago the processof evolution put this beautiful gold plating on it. :D

I think evolutionists should study thermo dynamics before trying to get any one their lame TOE.
    Most ridiculas thing I have ever heard theistic evolution.

here is my BIG BANG theroy,
    God said, let there be and BANG there it was. :D

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

But, Bill, you and I both know that if you will throw your Cessna 152 in an aircraft cemetary that in 20 million years (give or take 65 million), that you can go pick up a brand new 747 with all of the modern avionics packages.

Were you asleep in school? :eek:

Yes, I anxiously await the answers to your questions above from all of those who lived "back yonder" and saw evolution in action.

The day I saw a squirrel climb out of a tree and turn into a dog, I just knew that I had to get with the program.

In reality, I would like to hear them explain how a simple eye-ball was formed using step-by-step evolutionary procedures. How a lens that can be focused, and an iris that automatically has more dynamic range than any camera made can automatically correct light levels over an amount of several thousand. How the image can be inverted by that clear lens onto a color AND black & white sensor that is so far advanced beyond our solid-state digital camera CCDs. Then to turn this information into a bio-chemical/electrical impulses that can be decoded by a brain that has more synapses than there are stars in the visible universe, to sort it all out.

Is it so difficult to see a designer behind all of this? If God exists and He sent His Son to earth to save us, why in the world did He bother to create man through trial and error? Is He not perfect? Can He not create a living-breathing being with a spoken word?

It honestly takes more faith to believe in evolution coming up with a "dog", let alone "man" than it does to believe in a grand-designer.

Amen, brother! [​IMG]

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Nor am I. You are the one who accused others, however, of making God a liar, a thing I reccomend you stop doing around here. It is not nice.

Your method of depending literally on the list from the Bible, if applied to Matthew's list, makes God a liar. You can't weasel out of that. I don't make God a liar. I challenge your method.

And who is to say that in the listing of descendents from Adam that over the passing eons, small omissions added up to great omissions in fact? Nobody can say it did or did not happen! We only can go by the evidence and our own views on interpreting scripture.

Adam didn't walk on the earth 65 million years ago and no evolutionist thinks he did. That is when the dinosaurs all died. First Man (Adam) was about a million years ago but that's a fuzzy thing.

Gosh, I though nearly everybody knew that about me by now!

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Bill you should see this beautiful watch that my grandpaw gave me.
    about six billion years it was just a spring then about 5 billion years ago it evolved gears and a watch face then after 4 billion years it evolved hands and the case then about 3 millionyears ago it was in the pre wind stage where th time eroded this beautiful engraving on it and its early development of its winding maehanisim and only about 1 million years ago the processof evolution put this beautiful gold plating on it. :D

I think evolutionists should study thermo dynamics before trying to get any one their lame TOE.
    Most ridiculas thing I have ever heard theistic evolution.

here is my BIG BANG theroy,
    God said, let there be and BANG there it was. :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]Wait another 65 million years and you will have a REAL "GRANDFATHER" clock. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Paul of Eugene

Who are We to question God with "why"? The evidence shows the traces of His handiwork, and the evidence shows He used evolution. Who cares whether the "design" was done species by species or built into the very system ahead of time? He is still the designer!

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

7. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Who are We to question God with "why"? The evidence shows the traces of His handiwork, and the evidence shows He used evolution. Who cares whether the "design" was done species by species or built into the very system ahead of time? He is still the designer! </font>[/QUOTE]who then are you to question the Bible as to how long it took God to create the world?
    the Bible records that God created the world and everything in it in Six Literal days complete with Dinosaurs ( Translated terrible lizzard) with no gaps inbetween verses!
    for you to believe in theistic evolution you put God in a box and make Him out to be less than perfect, that he is not capable of making anything without having made everything through trial and error.
    Theistic evolutionists Limits God to what he is fully capable of.

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, but Archeryaddict, didn't you catch the word "traces" in there are "traces of His handiwork". Right along with "the evidence shows He used evolution."

Sorry Paul, but the evidence is pointing more and more toward a young Earth. Besides, do you really want to get into a discussion on radiological dating? If so, I'm game.

9. Paul of Eugene

This "evidence is pointing more and more" thing is getting a little tired, having been stated since Darwin's day and no more true today than it was then.

Radiological dating is solid, and the constancy of radioactive decay millions of years ago compared to now is established by astronomical observations and by analysis of decay result from such natural events as the geologically formed oklo nuclear reactor and by analysis of actual counts of annual layers compared to radioactive decay dating for the same layers. We're talking ice layers laid down in Antartica and Greenland, lake bottom layers, even tree rings. All of them agree together.

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, but Archeryaddict, didn't you catch the word "traces" in there are "traces of His handiwork". Right along with "the evidence shows He used evolution."

Sorry Paul, but the evidence is pointing more and more toward a young Earth. Besides, do you really want to get into a discussion on radiological dating? If so, I'm game.

11. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

So I guess I won't get any answers from the elite educated masses of evolutionist out there right.I never get answers, I just get complaints about the questions or avoidance.
    Since those of us who believe God did it the way the Bible says it are dummies educate us by answering my questions.
    By the way "yom" is translated 1200 times as a literal 24 hour day & "yamim" is translated as days about 700 times so reaching for once in 2nd Peter3:8 is a far stretch.

12. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

13. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Have any of you read this book, The Battle Of Beginnings, Why Neither Side Is Winning The Creation-Evolution Debate by Del Ratzsch? I have read it and found it to be insightful.

[​IMG]

14. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he is LORD and he can use the method he likes without the need of our opinion.

Blessings,

Luis

15. Plain Old Bill

Craigbythesea,
    Is that a book I will need to purchase? by now you have figured out I'm a reader.

16. Plain Old Bill

Ichemist,
    Amen.God did use whatever method He chose.I'm just inclined by my readings to go with the creation model.
    A short while ago (in years)there was a popular saying,"God said it,I believe it,that makes it true". Well that was partially true,it should have said,"God said it, that makes it true".

17. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I have an old watch too, and it did not evolve into anything, it got rusty, Do you know why? because it is a piece of machinery, not a living thing.

Time ago only one microscopic cell was in my wife's womb, it divided and grew, now I have a precious 10 year old girl. Big change eh?

That happened because we are alive.

Blessings,

Luis

18. Craigbythesea

Yes, or borrow it from a friend like I did. Before my career change I was a biologist doing research at one of the largest universities in the world, and of course I know a little bit about evolutionary biology, but this book made me stop and think about several issues and introduced me to thoughts and ideas that were new to me. A very good read!

[​IMG]

19. Craigbythesea

The Battle of Beginnings: Why Neither Side Is Winning the Creation-Evolution Debate

Del Ratzsch / Inter-varsity Press / 1996
    Retail Price: $18.00
    CBD Price: $12.99
    Save $5.01 (27%)
    CBD Stock No: WW0815295
    ISBN: 0830815295
    Trade Paperback

[​IMG]

20. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, the only difference is that I am inclined to accept evolution as the actual mechanism of creation.

Thanks,

Luis