1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evolutionism leads to moral decay

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Feb 2, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I really do appreciate your efforts to formulate an objective rebuttal - but here again you get low marks.

IF I had made an argument like the one "you claim" -- then it should have gone like this... (Please try to embrace an ounce of objectivty in thinking "this one" through).

"You have to be a Christian BEFORE you can bring yourself to kill someone and the PROOF is that a Christian killed an abortion doctor".

HAD I actually made my argument in that form - THEN you (being the objective person that you are ) would simply point to all those murderers in the world that ARE NOT already Christian. AND then you would have SUPPORTED you wild claims so far with AN ACTUAL fact!

However - to date you have NOT responded to my argument with a single supportable fact.

And HERE I am actually having to FIX your bungled illustration so that it actually FITS the case of this argument.

(You are so devoid of objective thought here in your anxious attempts to prop up evolutionism - I am getting worried about you).

Please try harder to show at least the smallest degree of objectivity in your arguments. Otherwise it is embarrassing.

Yes but the PROOF that the argument failed was to SHOW murderers that were not FIRST Christians.

The PROOF that your argument holds any water at all was to SHOW Creationist-Christian groups engaged in rats-with-human-brain desacration of the image of God. It was to SHOW Creationist-Christian groups promoting the idea of instituting Gay Priests!

You don't "actually" support your wild claims with actual facts - so it is hard to do anything but try to assist you in making your own argument.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well at least you see the argument. And THE PROOF I give is that ONLY someone who FIRST falls for the blunders and myths of evolutionism would go on to desacrate the creation in such a way. The "IDEA" of the species originating by random combination - is KEY to the COMBINATION model they pursue.

Get it? Yet?

Here "again" you show your failure to embrace objective thought. In the link the BASIS for the argument AGAINST the experiments was an appeal to GOD MAKING MAN IN HIS IMAGE!!

What part of "every atheist evolutionist biologis" that you know - do you find going around arguing that "GOD MADE MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE"??!!

When was the last time you saw THAT as the PRO EVOLUTIONIST side of the debate??

Let me guess - "never" comes to mind.

Ask Dawkins, or Patterson (if you are Catholic) when they are thinking of using the idea that "WE ARE MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD" as one of their evolutionist topics!!

What part of "rats with human brain" crime against humanity do you find me "agreeing with"???

How can you claim to be confused on my position on this one?

???

This is either your classic obfuscation and misdirection or you really don't understand the material.

The "pigs with human blood in their veins" example in the article IS NOT an example of just pumping human blood into pigs!!

Your gross fallacies of equivocation don't hold up at all!!

This thing of providing an objective "applicable" counter argument is really proving to be challenging for you - much more than I would have guessed.

When you say that I should not be complaining about rats-with-human-brains because after all -we have insullin today - you are again engaged in gross equivocation between things that are not alike.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More to the point - how can you claim the Gospel at all - John prefaces the Gospel with the role of Christ as CREATOR.

By STARTING the game with open denial of the Creator as HE describes it in Gen 1-2:3 and Exodus 20:8-11 and John 1:1-4 HOW in the world can you ever get to the Gospel while dumping Christ the Creator in favor of the Atheist's own doctrine on origins?

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well - 100% of the scientists in the teaching institutions of my church are Bible believing Christian Creationists!

I suspect this is true with the Southern Baptists as well.

And we have already had an exhaustive thread on the many Christian Creationist scientists on record to date.

Hard to believe anyone is still so closed minded as to think that these scientists "don't exist"!

In Christ,

Bob

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"Patently false (as usual).

But in this case it serves to make my point so lets explore the fallacy of equivocation you make.
    "

Just what am I equivocating here?

And it is not false. Your quotes are taken out of context. They are every bit as accurate as if someone were to take the quote "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God" and cut it down to "There is no God." It goes against the context of the larger statement and it goes against the broader context of the general opinions of the author on the subject.

"Having failed to show any error at all in my quote - you simply "pretend" that something is wrong with the quote - when in fact -- it is perfect."

And that right there is where you delude yourself and blind yourself to your own lies. You think that just because the select words that you quote are all there in the right order that the quote is correct. Hey, if an atheist quotes the Bible as saying "There is no God" he has met the same standard that you set.

For you ignore context as if it does not matter. Think of your beloved Simpson quote. He says that you cannot find a smooth horse sequence in nature because the one we actually found is bushy and jerky. If you read the whole group of paragraphs, it is impossible to honestly deny that. Yet you cut it down to just the part where he says the smooth sequence does not exist. YOu ignore the part where he describes the real sequence. And you claim the Simpson has "admitted" a "gaff" about how the horse did not really evolve. It is simply a blatent lie.

"I set up the simple premise -- You have to have swallowed the myths and foibles of evolutionism BEFORE your mind is clouded and befuddled enough to publically promote Gay agendas - Gay bishops, or "Rats with human brain" defacing of the image of God."

You have chosen to judge an entire group based on their most extreme members. And this depite other members of that group objecting to the same thing. This is where your logic fails.

"Do you "really" think that ALL biologists and chemists "accept the blunders and myths of evolutionism"????

I have already given you the scientists in Chemistry and Physics that are NOT swalling the junk-science "stories of evolutionism".
    "

Did I say they all did? I don't think so. But, you have no trouble misquoting others, do you? You have misquoted me before, you will do so again.

Fact is that polls show that about 95% of all scientists and closer to 99% of all biologists accept the overwhelming evidence for evolution. Are there exceptions? Well, since the numbers are not 100% there are of course exceptions.

"Misdirection and obfuscation - not an abjective rational response.

I claim that to be a square you must first be a rectangle - your respond back incoherently that I must first prove that all rectangles DO become squares to make my point.
    "

Nope. You are using the faulty logic of the slippery slope. YOu have failed to show that to accept evolution one must also accept all these forms of experimentation.

"IF I had made an argument like the one "you claim" -- then it should have gone like this... (Please try to embrace an ounce of objectivty in thinking "this one" through).

"You have to be a Christian BEFORE you can bring yourself to kill someone and the PROOF is that a Christian killed an abortion doctor".

HAD I actually made my argument in that form - THEN you (being the objective person that you are ) would simply point to all those murderers in the world that ARE NOT already Christian. AND then you would have SUPPORTED you wild claims so far with AN ACTUAL fact!
    "

So, you can tell me of someone who murdered an abortion doctor because of their profession who did not first claim to be a Christian?

That is the logic you are applying. All people who accept evolution are guilty because of the actions of a few extremists. Surely we should be able to apply your logic to other situations.

"However - to date you have NOT responded to my argument with a single supportable fact."

THE VERY ARTICLE THAT YOU LINK TO HAS MEMBERS OF YOUR TARGET GROUP DENOUNCING THE SAME THING YOU ARE DENOUNCING!!!!

"How can you claim to be confused on my position on this one?"

I am confused because you refuse to stake yourself to a position. We all object to the most extreme things. Even most of the "evolutionists" interviewed objected. I have tried to let you stake out a position that shows a difference between you and your targets but you cannot do so.

Your opinions are obviously no different that most of your hated opposition so you cannot commit. Then your ruse would lose the one string to which you cling.

"This is either your classic obfuscation and misdirection or you really don't understand the material.

The "pigs with human blood in their veins" example in the article IS NOT an example of just pumping human blood into pigs!!

Your gross fallacies of equivocation don't hold up at all!!
    "

What am I equivocating?

Thr are degrees of chimeras. When you put a pig valve in a human you have made a chimera. When you put a human insulin gene into anoth organism you have made a chimera.

I am trying to see if there is a difference in your mind on which of these are allowed from what the folks in the article you cited have to say. Most of those "evil" scientists also seemed opposed to the same things you are opposing. So e need to find out if there is even a difference of opinion here.

There does not seem to be. You seem only interested in manufacturing a controversy.

"Hard to believe anyone is still so closed minded as to think that these scientists "don't exist"!"

I gues with your observed quoting ethics that I should not be surprised that you would take me saying that polls show that only 5% of scientists are young earth as saying that they "don't exist." Anything to make a point I guess.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"Uh Oh, our "Chief Baptist Christian Evolutionist" has found this thread. Watch out everybody."

So just what have I done to you? I have tried to answer all your questions. I have tried to be conversational with you and not confrontational. I don't think I have demeaned you. I have tried to be patient and explain things as best I can. I think I have admitted where I think weaknesses are or when I am reduced to speculation.

What is it? PM me if you must.

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

UTEOTW, I was using humor. Sorry if it did not come across that way.

You have been very straight forward and polite, although I do find the evolutionists posting here tend to shy away from the Word of God and stick to the science books.

It appears there is a lack of being able to debate on a spiritual level and since the evolutionist scientists have claimed an answer for everything then there is going to be no legitimate creation debate. IMHO

The answers you pointed out were essentially what I would expect; if there is a natural reason, then God wasn't involved, good science precludes the supernatural, etc. etc.

By the way Craig, who makes the determination that a supernatural variable is not good science if you believe in Jesus Christ in your heart? Obviously, it must be the evolutionary scientists who are setting the "standards" of what is good and what is bad science.

Many of your scientific premises are based on a naturallist conclusion to the answer of creation, so naturally your findings that are published will promote and prove evolution. Whether you wish to admit it or not, it is my guess that findings NOT supporting evolution are thrown out because they do not support the conclusion.

At least this is the conclusion I am arriving at.

I believe the bottom line is that Scott J and I are willing to make a choice between what is found in a rock and what the only witness Who was there says.

I for one am not going to throw out the Old Testament because in the 21st century we observe something.

Maybe you answered this to, but would you change your beliefs about Jesus being the Son of God if physical evidence was "observed" that indicated it was not true?

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Philip the point is that it is JUNK science!

Notice that in the quote the ATHEIST evolutionist will "admit" to the NON-SCIENCE nature of it - but our Christian friend can not bring himself to that level of objectivity!!

Speaking of the Wild blue-sky grandeose guesses of evolutionism's devotees - Patterson said

quote]Is Archaeopteryx the ancestor of all birds? Perhaps yes, perhaps no:

There is no way of answering the question. It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favored by natural selection. But such stories are not a part of science, for there is no way of putting them to the test (as quoted in Sunderland, 1988, p. 102).[/quote]

Another source confesses it in this way.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is 'yet another' classic case of UTEOTW suppressing fact to the "extreme twisting logic" so as to deny objectivity AND rational thought all in the same response!

Such a poster-child for the "tactics" of the devotees to evolutionism.

Exhibit A.

Objective reader -- Notice carefully.

I THEN SHOW with DETAIL examples how this was actually the case.

A gross equivocation between Bible statements about what "enemy claims to be true" (ie. not what the Bible AUTHOR claims to be true) VS ACTUAL ATHEIST statements about what they REALLY BELIEVE TO BE TRUE about evolutionism's blunders.

Those two types of quotes have NOTHING in common except that the ENEMY in the Bible is the EVOLUTIONIST in real life!!

Notice that UTEOTW's tactic is

A. - NOT to respond to the ACTUAL details given in my response. (So as NOT to progress the argument).

B.- To simply REPEAT himself. (So as not to progress thought).

C. To "pretend" that he does not understand the simply reply given (so as to embarrass himself).

How in the WORLD can evolutionists live with that kind of thinking!!

Is it any wonder that the OP post points out that it is ONLY FROM AMONG THESE that you could ever find logic so befuddled as to engage in "rats-with-human-brain" experiments, AND efforts to promote the gay agenda in Christian clery - in the form of pushing for gay Bishops!!

UTEOTW seems to content himself with serving as the "poster child" for this problem in evolutionism.

In Christ,

Bob

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is the point "already made" and then repeated above - and STILL not responded to by UTEOTW!! (All he does is "repeat himself")

Still waiting for a cogent reply - rational compelling thought in the form of a repsonse to the actual detail of the point above.

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob said regrading the OP and the claim that ONLY an evolutionist could to the error of "rats-with-human-brain" and pushing for the gay-agenda among Christian Bishops --

"However - to date you have NOT responded to my OP argument with a single supportable fact."

Then "SHOW" it! SHOW that ANY rejection in the LINK used EVOLUTIONIST CLAIMS ABOUT ORIGINS as a basis for rebuttal INSTEAD of the CREATIONIST theme that "GOD CREATED MAN DIRECTLY - IN HIS OWN IMAGE"!!

(I have asked for that objective approach from UTEOTW already - but he simply "repeats himself" instead of providing objective fact in his arguments... big surprise!)

In Christ,

Bob

12. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"UTEOTW, I was using humor. Sorry if it did not come across that way."

It is hard to catch subtleties on the web. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

My impression had been that you were becoming a bit more, shall we say, agressive lately. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am often agressive myself. But, not catching the humor, I mistook your response for hostility.

Glad there is nothing. I do enjoy talking with you, even if we disagree on a thing or two. I imagine there is much more we do agree on. I generally shy from conflict so I am pleased that I have not driven you to some form of hostility.

We do need to meet on some other topic. I am personally hoping that those threads are dead. Well, some have been closed already but they could return with a new title. When they pop up, I limit myself to them. Without them I can get back to exploring the board more.

I'll also repeat something else here. Congratulations on being selected a moderator.

"Maybe you answered this to, but would you change your beliefs about Jesus being the Son of God if physical evidence was "observed" that indicated it was not true?"

I tried to answer that one before, but it was not very direct. It went something like this.

In my mind, I have already been faced with nearly the same thing. Having been YE for most of my life, it was quite a shock to my system to face things and to change my view. I know you have changed your view at least once, even if was in the other direction, so I know you at least have an inkling of the shock of changing such a paradigm.

I can now see why so many people lose their faith when faced with the same thing. In fact, one of the reason I participate in these things is so that people who my lurk can know that it is possible to accept an old earth and to not lose your faith. But I feel that I have been faced where what I believe was challenged and I had to make the choice to keep my faith. So I don't think it would change my mind.

Futhermore, I think the two things are in different categories. I, personally, think that you can see the history of the creation in the creation. But Jesus, well I don't see even the possibility that you could disprove his life. It is one "man." There is nothing for us to find physically. We take our beliefs purely on faith. And, like I said, if say some contradictory writings or some such popped up, well I have the previous experience where I chose to continue my faith.

Does that help any?

[ February 12, 2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: UTEOTW ]

13. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Maybe we ought to go back to the link in the opening post. Then we can show that members of the target group are also opposed, negating the assertion that acceptance of evolution must lead to such thoughts.

So if acceptance of evolution automatically leads to such decay, then why are all these people in your target group also opposed?

You have been unable to show cause and effect. The only thing you have shown is your willingness to tar whole groups based on the opinions of a few. That is not good logic. How would you like to have some of the groups to which you belong tarred because of the actions or opinions of a few?

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As has already been stated - I am saying that all squares are rectangles and our "rebuttal" is that all rectangles are not squares. (I noted this point early in my responses - you simply ignore it and repeat yourself).

My point has not been that ALL evolutionists must eventually endorse gay rights or rats-with-human-brain experiments. My point is that these atrocities CAN ONLY come about after one has blundered into acceptance of evolutionism.

That is an easy claim to "TEST" or refute. All you have to do is find Christian Creationists doing the same thing.

But of course - you claim that earth has no Christians in scientific fields - (I mean not Creation believing Christians) -- which is just another myth you are clinging too so you can hold on to belief in evolutionism.

In Christ,

Bob

15. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

So you back peddle...

Your title for the thread is "Evolutionism leads to moral decay."

But now you say that your point IS NOT "that ALL evolutionists must eventually endorse gay rights or rats-with-human-brain experiments."

So, if the acceptance must not lead to decay, then what is your point? We can tar most groups by looking at the most extreme members of the group. And your own link, as shown above, demonstrates that many in your target audience already oppose the things you rail against. So where is your difference of opinion? What sets your opinion off from those I quoted above? The answer is nothing!

So now you new point is that evolution leads to moral decay...except when it doesn't...which just happens to be most of the time... Stinging attack there! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

"But of course - you claim that earth has no Christians in scientific fields "

And just as you lie in your quotes of scientists you lie about what I said. Look at what I said. "For example, in the 1997 poll, 95% of scientists (this would, of course, include a wider group than just biologists) accept evolution with that broken down into 40% theistic evolution and 55% purely natural evolution." ( http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/28/3044/3.html#000037 ) Those 40% are Christian and an additional 5% accept YE. Which means that I claim 45% of the scientists in the poll claim to be Christian.

You just cannot accurately tell us what others have said, can you?

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So is this some kook-fringe of evolutionists?

hmm - sounds main-stream to me. And in the mainstream it is acceptable along with purely voluntary guidelines

There is the smoke screen issue of "parts" (like cat gut?) used to bind wounds (UTEOTW is quick to misdirect with that discussion) BUT the article is CLEAR - this is NOT the point!!

Get it???

Though clearly "Stated" - UTEOTW only give EXAMPLES designed to OBFUSCATE what is causing the uproar!!

How "unnexpected"?!!

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There was only ONE "GROUP" example of rejection of this idea given IN the article.

It SPECIFICALLY identies that SAME salient aspect that UTEOTW tries to "obfuscate" in his list of questions of what we would tolerate and his wild-eyed blue-sky claims that I agree with these experiments so I should not complain about them!!

How sad that misdirection and obfuscation is documented on this thread as UTEOTW's first and primary reponse to any challenge to the false religion known today as "evolutionism".

Note of caution - it should be observed that even in this GROUP example of rejection - there is qualified acceptance of the criminal practice since there are still - evolutionists concepts eroding the core of values in those systems.

Life is still "just a toy to played with" in that system (For at the core it still embraces the evils of evolutionism) - but it does ratchet down the criminal abuse level a bit. (Nice going Canadians!)

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So this DOES boil down to a matter of "morality" a matter of "moral values" and the fact that evolutionism REMOVES all markers for moral values established by God leaving only "relativism" to erode the faith and morals of the group "over time".

Notice the "my morals are as good as your morals so don't stop me from doing anything where the ends justifies the means IN MY VIEW".

What a perfect example of the slippery slope in the moral-decay-chain of evolutionism!!

Lest you delude yourself into thinking this is just pie-in-the-sky thinking that is immoral -- THIS moral decay - has "already" born fruit!

Hello! morally-numbed evolutionists!! Wake up!!

In Christ,

Bob

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The moral basis of this debate is one in which evolutionists are illequipped to participate. For them all is relative!

And limits are "arbitrarilyy set"

To understand the moral void of evolutionists when it comes to these experiments -- we must recall that evolutionism, at its very core, teaches rank error in the form of blashphemy against God's statement of origins.

In that system modification with descent - results in zillions of failed gross mutations that do not live long. New species come about through a pross of gross mutations, starvation, disease, random chance, predation and extermination.

By comparison these proposed experiments are highly exploitive, beneficial and benign as long as the "human results" are killed at some point. (At least in the minds of slipping and sliding moral-decay-chain-bound evolutionists).

All of them propose CONTINUING the experiments "in some form".

Having lost their moral compass when it comes to origins and the sanctity of life - the existence of the species - what else might you expect??

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you finally "get it"!!!

Wow that is great!

All squares are rectangles and this does not force all rectangles to BE squares!!

What an objective moment for you!

See the point was to show that TO GO down those failed morally-corrupt avenues ONE HAD TO FIRST embrace the doctrinaly corrupt teaching on origins embraced by evolutionists!!

That is the NECESSARY PRECURSOR for the realm of error being discussed on this thread!

Evolutionism destroys the ROOT of the argument for sanctity of the species due to origins!! (Obviously) and the RESULT is a relativistic moral decay chain protected and nourished by the the truth-decay-chain of evolutionim.

The fact that you might actually "grasp" the argument that I am making (though doubless arguing against it yourself) - is such a huge step forward for you in our discussions!

You are exceeding my expectations for you..

Nope. (Obviously not).

I have already given the example - whose DETAIL you continue to dodge.

The fact that SOME Christians murder abortionists does not SHOW that to be a murderer you must FIRST be a Christian.

This was the OBVIOUS exmaple I gave to derail your attempts to obfuscate and pretend that you do not understand the argument I am making.

Apparently you are back to "meeting" my expectations.

Well it was nice to think for a moment that you were finally allowing yourself not to have to "pretend" that you don't get the argument.

In Christ,

Bob