1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ex-Ron Paul Campaign Co-ordinator

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, May 16, 2007.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Had we been simply intervening, we would have entered the war before we did.

The fact is, we were attacked and fought back. Once attacked, we had full rights to completely eliminate the threat to us by defeating those countries.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Explain to me our we were defending ourselves thousands of miles away against a military so bogged down it could not reach us? Think about Ken, and do some reading.

I am not saying there was no element of self defense. We were attacked by Japan. Germany was never able to mount an attack on our homeland. But the fact is that we were intervening in foreign politics.

If our only goal had been self defense, we would not have gone overseas. We would have let them come to us.

It is amazing how little people know about history. But you don't have to know much to realize that fighting thousands of miles away from your land is not exactly self defense.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I didn't say we were "simply intervening." We were attacked. But we the bulk of the war was not defending our land. We were nowhere near our land. We were fighting and dying on someone else's land to free them from Nazi and Japanese Imperial domination.

There is no question about that. But we were intervening in foreign politics.

You guys, in your eagerness to defend Paul (which is admirable although you are fawning over him like he is the second coming of Elvis), are simply ignoring the realities of WWII. It was self defense because we were attacked, but the bulk of the war was not defending American territory. Our land was never really threatened after Pearl Harbor. There were the occasional Uboats and the like, but nothing major. The bulk of the war was in Europe and the Pacific. So don't miss my point: We were intervening in foreign politics.

#63 Pastor Larry, May 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm afraid history is on Larry's side here Ken. I also was hoping for this Paul guy to be all I heard from this board he was cracked up to be, but I was disappointed and I don't see him recovering from his own lack of historic understanding of world politics and the fact that the USA must and will be ever present in world affairs.

God Bless!

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ron Paul has never suggested the USA withdraw from world affairs. Just to stop setting up and overthrowing puppet regimes around the world through military misadventurism. History is squarely on Paul's side if we dispense with all the patriotic nationalist propaganda the corporate media pumps out and review Govcorp Inc's covert actions in earnest around the globe since the 1890's.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Can you give me the chapters so I can look it up on the html version? Thanks!I notice you haven't responded to my honest search for wisdom on the question I posed. What did I do wrong? :( :)

#66 TomVols, May 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I was kidding around.
    I knew the Jackson family. (Not that Jackson family). I taught one of the Jackson kids at a Christian school in Louisville.