1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Excuses

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Feb 4, 2012.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0264.htm

I hear many excuses not to come to Jesus.

The first excuse is no one seeks God, then go seek them.

No one is righteous, praise God, Jesus came to save sinners which I am the worst.

I am dead, the words of Jesus is Spirit and life and the life that you need.

I can't come unless the Father draws me the words of Jesus is not His own, but the Father who sent Him.

I am not good enough, let me change my life first, come to Jesus as you are and He will change you.

Luke 9:
    57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”

58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”

62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

I don't know if I am the elect, you come who said you are not.

All men are without excuse.

When I read scripture I don't find excuses I find reasons to come.

All scriptures can be turned around and give you excuses not to come if that is what you want to find and they that want to find excuses don't need help from me to find them.

God wouldn't give us more than we can handle will He give us something we can't do?

Can't can not do anything and you don't know that you can't if you don't try.

Our we really helping sinners out or our we given them excuses?

Everyone has been invited to the feast the sacrifice has been made, be prepared to eat and drink. Come hungry with an empty stomach, don't come filled with junk, but be emptied and be prepared to be filled by Jesus Christ

#1 psalms109:31, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Free agency to me is like this when i come to Jesus i come to Him on His will not my own. Jesus said not my will but your will be done.

Luke 22:42

“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

#2 psalms109:31, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012