1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Exeedingly Sad

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

You either missed or ignored the point. If, as you contend, the Bible teaches TULIP, why didn't the early churches teach it?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Did I say the Bible taught TULIP? NO! I said the Bible taught the Doctrines of Grace.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think everyone should understand, and I have been talking with OR for several years, he strictly believes in Doctrines of Grace and Sovereignty. Some seem to attach to him the added element of Calvin, Paul Washer, or other historical figures or authors. OR is a person that is basing his posts strictly on the Bible. I believe OR told everyone that he never heard of Paul Washer. I also believe he has repeatedly told everyone he has no interest in being attached to Calvin, his life, or his beliefs.

Why is it that people cannot read posts and take the person for what they say? Believing in Doctrines of Grace has NOTHING to do with being a fan of John Calvin.

4. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Well, because I don't want to mischaracterize you, maybe you could explain how you see the "Doctrines of Grace" differing from TULIP.

5. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Still hoping someone will explain the difference between "Doctrines of Grace" and TULIP. Which petal(s) of the TULIP would DoG adherents not hold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.