1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Exeedingly Sad

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A most wonderful passage of Scripture Icon. The words of the Apostle Paul presented above demonstrate the futility of the so-called logic presented by some in a vain attempt to refute the Doctrines of Grace. The Apostle reinforces that truth later in this same letter:

1 Corinthians 3:18-20
    18. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
    19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
    20. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Apparently some in the Church at Corinth thought more highly of themselves than they should have.

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"
    Dude....just stop man...just stop. You are posting circularities. You do your own position no favours, and the more I read your posts...the more I realize how VERY much I understand Calvinism better than you do. You simply don't know what you are talking about. Usually, you say that you are here to "correct"...other's false teaching....

Dude, you simply DON'T know what you are talking about. You really don't.

You do not understand the Calvinism you purport.

LISTEN TO ME: I understand your own theology BETTER than you do....

There are, in fact, smart and knowledgeable Calvinists on this board. Archangel is one, JBH is one, Luke is one...There are others..

But you..........

I know MORE about Calvinism than you, ICON. You have insight, as long as you aren't posting about the favoured Soteriology you profess.

I would be a more convincing debator for Calvinism than you....I could plausibly convince people of the truth of Calvinism....at least FAR easier than you could. You simply don't sound sane on this topic. You don't know when to quit:

You don't know which Calvinists know what they are talking about, and which ones DON'T...........
    I have all the information I need about your failure to actually grasp Calvinism by your failure to understand which Calvinists are actually smart, and which Calvinists are actually STUPID.

You are equally as likely to agree with the ignorant Calvies as you are the smart ones....
    Just stop.

#42 HeirofSalvation, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Like the substance between your ears. It is extremely odd to me that you post in support of OR, yet, when I read ORs posts, they seem perfectly logical and Scriptural. Yours, if they had any valid points, are negated by your obnoxious and arrogant wording. You do the Doctrines of Grace and Calvinism in general no favors. Whats the deal, are the Arminians sending you money to make these posts?

4. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I keep asking him for his acct# so I might pay him. Look, Calvinism is a legitimate and respectable (since you reject the term, your "Sovereign Grace" Soteriology....) Either way, it's a decent and legit explanation of Soteriology...It DOES have merits.... It has reasonable arguments.

You know what? so does Arminianism....He can't differentiate between the two, and he therefore merely sounds like a Fundamentalist "Iconoclast" on the topic. He does his side no favours.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now your just a condescending little twit!

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hos.....

lol...good one!

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    saturneptune

Well what do we have here.SN going on the attack again....what a surprise:confused:

You just cannot leave it alone can you?
    Okay....I will play along with you as per your request:wavey:

If you had enough brainpower and read the actual thread you would see That my "metaphor"> bull waste- was introduced by HOS as being descriptive of calvinist teaching:here-
    Do you get it genius? All I did was respond to his philosophical rambling using his metaphor. Do I have to slow it down for you a bit more?

I enjoy OR's posts most every time. He always uses good scriptures that people can learn from.I support them,especially when there is an attack upon any like him who believe in God's grace.

The wording is based on the post I am responding to. When I hand the wording back to the person who launches an attack....you find fault with me,and yet you remained silent when they ganged up on OR...and spoke this way:
    yeah no word from you...nope,,never.

This coming from someone who called Paul Washer ...poison??? to a local congregation and virtually boasted that the Pastor who had him speak at your church was no longer there.
    Yes...your special church where everyone gets along...until a godly missionary comes in and preach's on holy living,and biblical self -examination
    and it causes a stampede of goats before the sermon was over.
    His sermons are on sermonaudio,and quite public. I have not heard one that should be offensive to a christian...yet you pompously announce that you SN have determined him to be poisonous.
    Did you have something to do with the pastor leaving the church??
    he probably wanted biblical reformation to happen and was opposed big time.

I do not care so much what you think of my posts,and have told you...put me on ignore if you do not like what I post.

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

My Question is....

But first a comment.....What the Cals call the "Doctrines of Grace" is, in my mind just a "buzz-phrase" that usually plainly identifies them. For Bible believers such as myself, Grace is indeed a doctrine but it is NOT a catchy phrase to identify some system of theology devised by any man. Simply put in my thankfully simple mind, God's grace is His unmerited favor by which He mercifully saved me after I exercised the faith He gave me to repent of my sin and believe in Him. Grace is a PRECIOUS commodity and should NEVER be used as cold terminology. IMHO! Simply trusting that His life,death, burial and resurrection were accomplished in my behalf was enough to make that grace operative in my life. That same grace also sustains me daily. I am thankful for it and I am also thankful for the Grace that God has shown all my many brothers and sisters in Christ. He wants to show that grace to every man because it is not His will that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9) though sadly, most will reject Him. (Titus 2:11) clearly says that God's grace "hath appeared to ALL men." I love the grace of God and thank Him for it often!

Now ...my question is...is there REALLY any point in continuing the mud-slinging contest that is currently going on in the thread?

Bro.Greg:saint: (P.S. - Bro.Icon...I haven't forgotten you...be patient! )

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HeirofSalvation
    I have not even posted on the topic of God's grace here because OLD Regular handled your silly post,and Benjamin simply by using a few scriptures that neither one of you addressed.I did not have to say anything, just offered support to OR because he is here to speak of scripture...not idiotic debate rules, terminolgy, vain puffed up speech by you two ,as he put it to avoid any substance.

You vain boasting does not equate to you understanding the position.You bent over backwards to defend Winman, who announces that Jesus came in sinful flesh...in the incarnation.....I might not be asking you for scriptural advice any time soon.

I am sure you are a legend in your own mind.Your posts have not shown that you understand what all the cals on here do understand. In a courtroom your claim would be dismissed for a glaring lack of evidence:laugh:

I prefer to try and help those who want help...not those who are unteachable and just boast of what they know and what they do.

You can believe what you want.I would not want to censor what you want to express.I understand your frustration...so if it helps you feel better about yourself ...go ahead and make personal attacks....you cannot seem to make a biblical case so have at it!
    Sorry I have not been able to help you out of your confusion.
    In your dreams:laugh: I have forgotten more than you will come to know.
    Yes ..they are solid brothers and I enjoy reading their posts...more than posting...I enjoy OR, and Herald, AmyG,and many others who do not post much here anymore because you men on team anti-cal Jihad just look to disrupt most any solid posting they offer.
    They post much smoother than I do...that's okay. I do not mind doing some of the dirty work of opposing those in here who oppose truth.There are many Godly Pastors who used to post in here, but they get tired of weeding through your attack posts, and philosophical verbosity.

It would not bother me if you did...it is not a contest in JR,High School.I personally believe you cannot yet understand it.You understand a weak caricature, that is why you think Skan ...understands it...but you are mistaken.
    I call you and your team members on it...so you blame me for your failings.
    I get it.

Again....I did not even post on it .By the way....It is not a favored soteriology, it is the biblical one that has been revealed.

#49 Iconoclast, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No problem brother.You always seek to be respectful in your posts and will receive respect back, unlike some clowns that post!
    I am sure we will find more that we are in agreement on,and perhaps help each other grow in scriptural truth that we can use to win the lost.Take your time and make a solid biblical case and i will interact with it.
    Feel free to use any source, link , sermon, or article to seek to come to truth.!

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes..it might be the same with some today....good posting despite the opposers:wavey::thumbs: They do not seem to enjoy the scripture as much as worldly wisdom:thumbs:

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

I came here simply to read, but Iconoclast made this absolutely false statement.

I have NEVER said Jesus came in sinful flesh. I have said Jesus came in the exact same flesh we have and was tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin (Heb 4:15). I have said Jesus took on the nature of the seed of Abraham and was made like unto his brethren (the Jews) in all things (Heb 2:16-18). This is perfectly scriptural.

I have never said Jesus had a sin nature, I do not believe we are born with a sin nature, although I do believe all persons develop a sin nature after they mature and knowingly and willingly choose to sin.

Folks misunderstand because they do not know that our NATURE or lifestyle is learned behavior. If you smoke cigarettes for example, you learned that by observing others, it was not something you automatically do.

As for the debate here, I understand exactly what Skandelon originally meant. He simply said if everything we do is determined, then it is silly for Calvinists to attempt to correct non-Calvinists, as obviously God has determined that non-Calvinists be non-Calvinists. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand this. It is a perfectly logical argument from Skan.

If Calvinism is true, a Calvinist is actually fighting against God when he attempts to correct a non-Cal, because he is fighting against what God has determined. If the Calvinist claims God has determined he correct the non-Cal, then you have God fighting against himself, as God determined the non-Cal would be a non-Cal. This shows how utterly ridiculous determinism is, but Calvinists are unaware of this.

HoS understands this too. It is folks like Iconoclast and OR who do not understand their own theology. They really don't.

Icon simply parrots what he has been told, he doesn't have a clue. OR is a little more thoughtful, but he is also oblivious to the logical conclusions of his own doctrine. As HoS has said, very few Calvinists really understand their own doctrine. They are completely unaware of this.

#52 Winman, Mar 4, 2013
  13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#53 saturneptune, Mar 4, 2013
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

Cheer up, SN. You know what they say.
    Some things in life are bad,
    They can really make you mad.
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle,
    Don't grumble, give a whistle!
    And this'll help things turn out for the best
    And

Always look on the bright side of life!

Always look on the bright side of life
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten!
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
    Don't be silly chumps,
    Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
    And always look on the bright side of life

Come on!

For life is quite absurd,
    And death's the final word.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow!
    Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
    Enjoy it, it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
    Just before you draw your terminal breath.
    Life's a piece of shit,
    When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
    You'll see it's all a show,
    Keep 'em laughing as you go.
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life

Come on guys, cheer up

Worse things happen at sea you know

I mean, what have you got to lose?
    you know, you come from nothing
    you're going back to nothing
    what have you lost? Nothing!

HAVE A JOLLY GOOD DAY! :laugh:

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally, a post with content!

1) Unless a person is "of My sheep" they will choose not be believe in Christ. True. However, the Calvinist claim that only those individuals chosen before creation are "of My Sheep" is bogus. Those chosen through faith in the truth, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, are "My sheep" not "of My sheep." To be "of My sheep" simply refers to anyone open to the milk of the gospel.

2) Who are the individuals predestined to adoption (those to be resurrected at Christ's second coming, Romans 8:23)? Those who have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit, i.e. those God has given to Christ by spiritually placing them in Christ.

Calvinism is based on a mistaken view of scripture.

#55 Van, Mar 4, 2013
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” In addition, the God of the Bible is sovereign over the flesh of all men. John 17:2 says, “…as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.” The Apostle Paul says in Philippians 2:13, “…for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” God does not hope men will come, He changes men so that they will come and they will believe. :wavey::love2:

17. OldRegular

The only ones open to the "milk of Scripture" are those chosen unto salvation in Jesus Christ as the Scripture says. Furthermore, no one who believes the Doctrines of Grace denies the role of faith in Salvation. If my memory is correct the cry of the Reformers was:

You are borderline close to the truth. Those who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit are those given by God to Jesus Christ, those chosen by God the Father unto Salvation in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world.[Ephesians 1:4] Scripture tells us:

John 6:44. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:65. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

John 6:37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

I would not deny that you are entitled to your opinion!

18. OldRegular

You so correctly say:
    This is the very reason that I take strong exception to the OP of Skandelon that I quoted. God changes man and He did not change him into a "ROBOT"! Scripture is so clear on this from the beginning. Jesus Christ did not die hoping that some man out of the goodness of his heart would believe. Jesus Christ died for those chosen by God unto Salvation in Jesus Christ before the world was. Jesus Christ did not die in vain; not one person for whom Jesus Christ died will be lost, all will be brought to salvation.

Scripture tells us:

2 Corinthians 5:17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 6:15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

John Dagg expresses the change wrought in man by God very well in his Manual of Theology, pages 277ff:

19. OldRegular

Well put and so true. If only people would understand!

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't that what you did! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.