1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exercise

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by 4ever4Jesus, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

What is your favorite exercise?. Even though I am doing cardio stuff and that I need to get to a pool I like to hit the weights. My 3 favorite is bench press dead lifts and curls 325 two times are my best on bench. I want to get back to the Gym to see if I can break my old record. As for dead lifts I got to be careful. I’ll go up gradually as the lower back is important in this. You don’t want to hurt. I hit the triceps of course but you know curling is more fun. Don’t know why. What is the exercise or exercises you like to do? For each their own.

2. God's Rainbowgal

God's Rainbowgal New Member

Any kind of work around the house or chores outdoors is my exercise.

It has been difficult for me to exercise as of late because I also have fibromyalgia.

But the last time I really exercised I couldn't stop as I used to worked
    out for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at a time.

But I wish those days were back again and that I could this again.

Life has changed so much for me since then so I would have to say that your life's circumstances has a lot to do with just how much exercise you can get.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Mine is the forklift! I lift my fork from the plate and place it in my mouth! :smilewinkgrin:

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I really want to feel the burn I watch FitTV on Demand. For regular workouts I watch Denise Austin re-runs. :tongue3:

Seriously, I usually just take a long, brisk walk.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

My favorite exercise is bending my elbow to put food in my mouth. :tongue3: Swimming runs a close second.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't like to choose to exercise, but I do like it once I get started. Water Aerobics. Mowing the Lawn. Walking.

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Marketing has got to come up with something without the word exercise.....a word that makes me feel instantly tired.:smilewinkgrin:

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I really need to exercise more than I do. But what I do is to ride horses and take care of them. In a little bit, I'll be heading to the barn to:

* Ride (an hour of hard work - not just sitting on the horse since we're in training and I need to work hard with him. He's 1500 lbs. of muscle and I need to get him to move, go slower, go faster, etc. all with my body. I need ot take breaks because I get winded!)
    * Clean 2 stalls
    * Dump the wheel barrow after walking quite a distance to the manure pile
    * Clean paddocks which results in a VERY heavy wheel barrow then dump that too.
    * Throw down hay - I'll toss down 12 bales that weigh about 80 lbs. each.
    * Move the hay to the hay room.
    * Make hay nets that weigh about 30 lbs. each
    * Wet down 3 of those hay nets to make them heavier.
    * Do the other misc. chores such as fixing feed, sweeping the floor and cleaning my saddle and bridle.

That should burn a good number of calories especially since it's going to be 92 today!

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like to ride my bicycle and take my dog on long walks.

10. Hiloan

Hiloan New Member

I exercise twice a week for about an hour and ten minutes. Usually I start with a mile-long walk on the treadmill. Most of the hour is taken up with various weightlifting and cardiovascular exercises targeting different muscle groups each time. Then I cool down for ten minutes on a recumbent bike.