1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"exodus decoded" on the history channel

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rbell, Aug 15, 2006.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

History channel link

The producer of this series was on the "Today show" this morning.

Absolutely fascinating stuff.

This guy (unknown if he's a Christian or not, they didn't discuss it) talked about that in scientific circles, the Exodus is looked at as fable or myth. This guy said, "I decided to go to the best source we have--the Bible--and go from there."

He discovered that scientists were off on their estimate by 2-300 years of the exodus' date. He thinks that most scientists were looking for evidence during the wrong Egyptian monarch--Amhose, not Ramses.

When he shifted his focus to Amhos, the archeological floodgates opened. Among their findings:

-actual insciptions of Hebrew slaves in Egyptian caves: "El (God), save me."

-an Egyptian gold figurine that seems to be a representation of the Ark of the Covenant.

-the body of Amhose. It was spooky looking into the very face that Moses might have confronted.

They don't offer theology (they don't talk about the cause of the plagues and exodus, but rather the facts and whether or not it was a historical account)...but man, from what the previews suggest, it's powerful.

I'm sure they won't hit all points of agreement with us folks, but it looks worth watching.

It's nice when you see the Bible proven right in front of you...you just hope those who are wanting that evidence will turn to God.

The Bible actually gives us historical fact in Exodus...Imagine that! :cool:

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Dallas morning news' writeup of the show.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but, I would bring a whole jar of salt with me.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sure there will be a bunch I disagree with.

But I think it's an exciting step when a secular audience hears from a secular source, "The Bible had it right, and these scientists' assumptions were wrong."

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I'll be sure to TIVO it, sounds interesting