1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Experiencing God study

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by john6:63, May 5, 2005.

1. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

I have recently started to attend a men’s bible study based on the book and manual of Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby and Claude King.

I have read a lot of negative reviews about this study on the net and was wanting some of your thoughts on this study.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I personally think it is a fine study. I have been through it at 2 different churches and have seen God do some good things in peoples lives because of that study.

Any study that gains some success and popularity is going to receive criticism from the armchair quarterbacks.

Give it a try, I think you will be pleased.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Long ago and far far away I was involved with an SBC church which used that study.
    I got some good out of it. It is ok for new Christians in my opinion. Not very "meaty" as I recall. Somewhere in my storage is my workbook so I couldn't really comment too much on it nowadays.

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

In my humble opinion Garry Friesen and J. Robin Maxon's book "Decision Making and the Will of God" is theologically superior. They give brief reviews of other books on the topic including "Desiring God" and I think they make some good points. I would recommend reading both and seeing for yourself what represents the biblical teaching on God's will best.

Sincerely,
    BJ