1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Expiration dates on food

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Salty, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does a "sell by date" mean the food is no longer good.

Think twice before you throw away good food.

Click here for info

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting Salty. As a student nurse working back of Burke ( out in the boondocks) we often used drugs that had expired. The government always sent us it's detritus despite the town was a mining town and contributed significantly to the state and national economies.

I do not believe anyone was harmed by this. If the IV ampoulae were distinctly discoloured they would accidentally be dropped.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was told by my pharmacist that the albuterol inhalers that I had were good for at least a year beyond their expiration date. Then the doctor told me the same thing. Now I don't rush out to replace the things every year (only need them when I get sick in the winter).

I only throw out food that is YEARS beyond their dates and the packaging looks compromised. Otherwise, I'm happy to partake. :)