1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explain II Peter 2 and it's balance Grace and Freewill.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dale-c, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

2 Peter, chapter 2
    1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
    3: And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Here it is. Does this disprove predestination and prove free will?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is already posted thank you.:laugh:

It certainly seems to prove that there are those bought by Jesus that were lost and received swift destruction. What do you think being you took my thread?:wavey:

2 Peter, chapter 2
    1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
    3: And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

One poster said this was talking about Duet. 32: 6": Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

But this cannot be true for Peter was talking about in the time he was on the earth and those in Duet that were bought was by God and they were Israel. Now the false teachers and false prophets of Peter’s time were not Israel. I doubt if anyone would dare say so but I might get fooled.

Now if it is true the the Lord bought even the false prophets and false teachers then it would fit with the Scripture:

Hebrews, chapter 2

"9": But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
    If this is true that Jesus died for all (and that is they must believe to receive it) then the doctrine of He only died for the "elect" is false.

#2 Brother Bob, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You can't say you didn't know being you were the first who posted on it.

Dale-c

[​IMG] RE: Were false teacher bought by the Lord?
    I will give you a quick answer to this one.
    I will have to study these passages more before I answer.

Just shows rudeness!!

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Rudeness? How? I said I didn't understand this fully. You keep bringing it up so I thought I would start a post, and maybe perhaps LEARN something.
    I have not been in the ministry for 50 years like some one this board. I am only 25 for that matter. I am still learning.

Please tell me where I am rude?
    I will apologize if I was but I just don't see that.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Hey, I saw what you meant. I had posted on your other thread. Somehow I thought that was on an existing thread.....I am not sure how that happened. At anyrate, I apologize. Still don't see how it was rude though, honest mistake.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

rude for some honest mistake for others. don't know how you forgot seeing you were going to study it. :thumbs:

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I didn't realize that was a dedicated post for that topic.
    I make a lot of posts, once I even posted on the wrong thread. I posted a quote for a political thread on a computer post! :)

Mistakes happen Bob. I am sorry.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Its ok, forget it.:wavey:

9. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Mr. Brother Bob:

Chill out man! I mean he made an honest mistake, he was not trying to disrespect you as an elder of the body of Christ. Thanks.

Treat others as you would have them to treat you.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No need to answer that Nicholas25, you apparently overlooked where I told him to forget it but I forgive you.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Misunderstandings are a lot easier with written words.
    Most would not happen in a spoken discussion.