1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explaining cheap shots

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 30, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

How is explaining one's point "shutting down debate?"

Furthermore...since we're still debating...if Roger's plan was to "shut 'er down," didn't he do a pretty bad job of it? :D

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, I guess in spite of all the rhetoric about America and her greatness the one view no American is ever permitted to express is that some political comments are 'cheap shots.' You know its, that 'no comment about 'cheap shots'' clause in the First Amendment ;).

I will not be bullied into retracting - many of the petty attacks on the candidates are 'cheap shots.' How that can be seen as me wanting to stop them from making them is far beyond my ken.

BTW, I am a moderator of this forum. If I wanted to shut down debate I have the POWER to do it! :laugh:

#22 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Looks to me like a debate about political cheap shots has already been shut down...by those who have developed some expertise in the craft C4K. ;)

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good.

Your title to your other thread indicated a slight political bias. It's good to see you are actually watching the antics of both parties. ;)

I'm curious to know more about Obama's relationship with a known terrorist bomber. How about you?

Or is that a "cheap shot" too?

#24 carpro, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If anyone thinks I have a pro-democrat bias they only read part of my posts, but even if I was since when are biases not permitted?

If there was any solid evidence on your question that would be a concern, but so far the 'relationship' is only tabloid sensationalism.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never thought you were overly biased.

Still don't, but the title indicated only one party was guilty of "cheap shots". didn't sound objective at all. I wouldn't make such an accusation against just democrats or liberals. I couldn,t see you doing it against only one party either.

As for the other, you should pay closer attention. It's well past the "tabloid" stage. But it's true the corrupt old media is not interested.

After all, it's Obama. :love2:

#26 carpro, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Shame you're not as concerned with the state's relationship with known terrorists past and present. It has after all been using them to fight "our" battles all over the globe for quite some time now. Both parties share the blame and responsibility.

To fight communism? To fight terrorism? To protect transnational interests!

But that's a part of history the state's cheerleaders would just as soon not look at let alone admit. So I do understand the biased nature of your concern towards the "other team's" infractions and your eager willingness to condemn them for the same crimes you'll never ever admit your own team is guilty of.

Which it plainly is.

Guess that's what partisanship is all about.

On the other hand,

bi-partisanship (which I've learned just lately) is never having to be held accountable. Ah, but what can one expect out of a totally corrupt and hypocritcal system?

Political cheap shots? Maybe. Blatant hypocrisy from both sides? Most definately!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your obsessions don't interest me this morning.

Try to stay on topic.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Your hypocrisy doesn't much interest me this morning either. The topic is explaining cheap shots. That's was I was doing, explaining where political cheap shots come from and why.

Hypocrisy Carpro, political cheap shots are born and raised in it. You should know this from all the shining examples there are to choose from around here.

If anyone was on topic here it was me. :type: