1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explaining Jn 3:18

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure where you contention is, are you trying to seperate your views from Calvin's views on this matter? Not sure what you have against Calvin here.

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen Walter! I love to debate and deliberate these matters, and my heart does so with absolutely no ill feelings towards anyone who disagrees with me, and you will never read a post from me which personally attacks a brother or sister in Christ. There is no need for it and it is openly sinning before the public to witness and before our Saviour who paid the ultimate price for sin at Calvery. Godspeed! :thumbs:

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you! I will look it up, I like George Whitefield, I used one of his sermons in a Sunday school class once. :thumbs:

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you brother! Godspeed! Preach on! :jesus:

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I have not mentioned calvin, have not been thinking about him. The scriptures I referenced, calvin did not write them, you better read the post again and check where the references came from. Let me know when you find out ..

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm just trying to understand why you dont like Calvin, you seem to get woked up when I mentioned him.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This thread has nothing to do with calvin sir, quit evading the scripture.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nothing to evade, I already gave my two cents worth on the subject. This Calvin thing is just a little side thing that seemed to have struck a nerve with you. I was just wondering why, but no need to carry on with it. Godspeed! :wavey:

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Elect of God will believe the Truth in God's Time, Acts 13:48

48And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

This has to do with the Faith of God's Elect and the promise of Eternal Life before the world began Titus 1:1-2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

So these Gentiles were some of those who had a promise of Eternal Life before the world began.

And quite frankly some who Jesus had in mind when He said this Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The Other Sheep are gentiles, like the ones in Acts 13:48 !

This scripture proves that all of God's Elect shall believe the Truth of the Gospel, and I am talking the True Gospel, consisting of Tulip Truth !

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One could understand you to be saying that unless one believes in TULIP, then one does not believe the true gospel, and if one does not believe the true gospel then one could not be the Elect, and if not the Elect then not saved.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

steaver

Thats exactly Right, since Tulip Truth is Gospel Truth !

Thats not necessarily True, for even the Elect are at one time unbelievers of the Gospel.

Well Thats True, if one is not Elect, then they are not saved, that goes for anyone, including myself..

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Exactly how does one choose what one "believes (in)?"

EXACTLY HOW DOES ONE CHOOSE WHAT ONE "BELIEVES (IN)?"

If I posted a million bucks as a prize for the first person who believes in the moon being made from green cheese, could any adult force himself to believe it? Who does one force himself to believe something?

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What your saying is that everyone who does not believe TULIP does not believe the True Gospel and is not yet saved, like me and most others on this board. Are you sure you want to go with that?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

steaver

Yes..Tulip Truth is the Gospel. You reject that, then you reject the Gospel, simple as that ! I say all the time, calling the Truth of God calvinism or whatever, does not change the fact that its the Truth, and gives one no excuse !

Now, that said, that does not mean one is not the elect, because before the elect are converted they also reject the Truth ! I do not know who the elect are until they believe the Truth of the Gospel. Until then, I do not know !

#34 savedbymercy, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

To state that any man's theology is the gospel is heresy. The Word of God is the inspired Scripture, not Calvin. You stand on borderline blasphemy IMO. How does a man-made system come anywhere near the message of the inspired word of God. Please desist with this rhetoric!
    And you do not know if you are one of the elect unless you have believed. That goes for everyone. That in and of itself is a proof that Christ has died for the sins of the entire world.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why do you deny being a Calvinist when you bring TULIP into this conversation?
    Perhaps one should put forth the proposition: One cannot be saved by believing TULIP. Would that make sense to you? If you believe TULIP, and not the gospel you will not get to heaven. If you put your faith in TULIP and not in Christ you will not get to heaven.

Jesus said: "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by me."
    Jesus did not say: TULIP is the way, the truth..."
    If you that is what you think you are sadly deceived.

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

calvin did not originate the Truthes Tulip set forth, to even imply that shows a lack of understanding of the Truth of God. Every Truth Tulip sets forth Jesus Taught it !

I have proven that here !

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=74245

If you wanna dispute it, and insist that calvin is the source of Divine Truth, thats on you !

#37 savedbymercy, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your link doesn't prove anything. Most of us realize that the acronym itself came after Calvin, but the truths contained within teach what Calvin taught. Most Bible Encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. will agree with me on that point. Do a research on Calvinism and immediately "TULIP" pops up. It is a summary of what Calvin believed.
    It is also what Calvinists of today believe. Ask anyone of them. There are plenty of them on this board. Calvinism is summarized in TULIP, and bent on teaching it. To equate it with the gospel is heresy. It is also to imply that all who do not believe in the points of TULIP do not believe the gospel. So you can stop with this nonsense immediately.

I don't care what you think you have proved in the past, what you are saying in these posts are arrogant, heretical, and to the point where you are indirectly accusing others of not being saved. Do you understand that?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

There has been a lot of references to Calvin's theology, and some seem to desire to distance themselves from 'Calvinistic' notions, Steaver on this thread one such individual.

Not too long ago, Steaver said this:
    Sorry Steaver, but you don't get any more Calvinistic that this IMHO. If God predestined Adam to fall, and all fall in Adam, all are predestined to act precisely as the sinners they are. You cannot escape the logical conclusion that you are making God the Author of all evil.

You are going to have to back up and reassess your stated position for this reader to ever believe you are any different than the run of the mill Calvinist, that speaks out of both sides of their mouth depending on which one they choose at any given instance.

Remember, it is NOT that a Calvinist does not share truth at times, it is just that they find it OK to contradict whatever they last said by something else in stark contradiction to what they previously said any time they so choose.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Re-ass-ess" my position! I think not, lol.

God placed a forbidden fruit at the reach of Adam and gave Adam a command and a free-will choice to obey or sin. However, God knew in advance that Adam would indeed choose to sin if He gave Adam the chance.

Would God then be the "first cause" of sin entering into the world since He placed the tree in Adam's reach KNOWING FULL WELL Adam would indeed eat??

To me, that is predestined to fall. Don't know how I can see it any other way.

btw, almost thou persuadest me to be a Calvinist, lol. But the dog gone choice doctrine I hold keeps hanging me up! :thumbsup: