1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explanations of the human body...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Born_in_Crewe, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

How do those who have no belief in a deity explain eyes, ears, reproductive system, etc.?

In my view, if you take out God then you say that humans came about by chance and therefore everything in/on our bodies came about by chance. Now I believe in some form of evolution, but I don't get how this evolutionary force can ''know'' that beings would need eyes, ears etc. if there is no brain or designer behind it.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

The word, "chance," is inappropriate in a discussion of evolution because most people associate it with gambling and mathematical probability. Probability only applies to future events and never to historical data.

In other words, if evolution of life on this earth occurred then it is a fact. One can say that the probability of life evolving a second time on a similar planet is very, very low but this is immaterial to the fact that life did evolve on this planet . . . if it did happen.

Second, the problem of evolution is different than the problem of abiogenesis, life from non-life. Abiogenesis could be occurring right now on this earth but we will never know it if it is carbon based because it would be consumed by existing microscopic carbon based critters.

Every birth is an experiment in evolution. Either it will live long enough to pass its DNA on to the next generation or it doesn't. Some say that in a few hundred years there no longer will be natural red heads on earth because the people with the required genes are not mating with people with the required genes is sufficient numbers. Irish people, it is up to you!