1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fabricating Jesus

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Martin, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The new book by New Testament scholar Craig Evans is called "Fabricating Jesus". It is a good book and it is written on a lay level so everyone can understand it. It deals with a lot of different issues such as the Gospel of Judas, the gnositc gospels, etc. Well worth the read!! :thumbs:

2. Acumenical

Acumenical Member

I read this book recently and did find it very informative. It should be pointed out, however, that Evans makes it clear he doesn't believe in biblical inerrancy, and that he feels this doctrine is unnecessary, perhaps even harmful. I found that disappointing, and for me it marred an otherwise excellent defense of the historical Jesus.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I think the book is valuable as a historical resource and not a theological work. I would say the same thing about many of NT Wright's works. His history is great, his theology is a train wreck.