1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Facebook

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Just a friendly reminder that the FB page - friends from the Baptist Board - is NOT affiliated with the Baptist Board. It was just set up and maintained by BB members for those who met here for FB socialization. :tongue3:

There are 83 members right now! We'd love for you to join too!

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I've done a BIG booboo!! I was the one and only administrator of our church's fb group page and accidently deleted myself from the group. I started a "Like" page elsewhere with intentions of debunking the group page, but can't now because there's no admin. Good gracious! :BangHead:

On fb, I found a blurb stating "When the last admin leaves a group, there may be a delay before you see the option to become the new admin. You will need to check back periodically until the option appears." It's been MONTHS and this option has not yet appeared! It just says, "There are no admins left in this group."

Do any of ya know how long this "delay" might be?! :eek:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What's the group? Any one of us can step into a page as administrator if they left, I believe. We could then add you as an administrator and delete ourselves from it. Just an idea, but be careful, I've seen a Voice of the Martyr page's administrator leave and an Islamic group take control of the page posting their garbage.

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like it! I just messaged you on fb. Thanks! :)

#104 PJ, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HEAR YE, HEAR YE Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera browser users ...
    If you miss the old (simple) fb interface, install the "F.B. Purity" extension. Debunk the activity ticker, and keep posts in chronological order. I have it on my Safari and it's fab. CHEERS! :)

http://www.fbpurity.com/

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Installed it, but can't figure out how to remove the ticker. I have chrome and don't see "happening now" anywhere.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::praying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.