1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FaceBook

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 11, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sad as it is but some forums I am on are deciding to merge everything to FaceBook and shut down their forums. I DISAGREE with this decision as FB was never designed for discussion and is not nearly as feature rich as a forum website. Everyone has an opinion, but I am glad for the moment at least that the admins on this site do not agree with the foolish decisions that some webmasters are making.

I am also on many tech forums that also prefer the forum interface and would never migrate to faceBook.

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your assessment of Facebook. Our local newspaper rebuilt their website and merged with facebook. Hardly anyone responds to their articles at all now.

I'm sure it has to do with tracking and monitoring of some sort.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The interface is very poor as a discussion interface or chat interface. Its meant for social networking, not discussion or chat. Imagine if major dating sites decided tomorrow to merge with FaceBook. It wont happen. Eharmony, and Christian Mingle for the moment have a more professional interface.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

There are a few on BB who have started a FB page----I think about 80 of us are on

Not much to it as a discussion board