1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Facebook

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Several churches have their own websites (e.g., ours is www.lighthouseministries.org ).

I'm wondering if your church also uses other social media such as Facebook to publicize your church.

If you do, what is your church's Facebook address?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Our church has a website, a Facebook account and a Twitter account. Our senior pastor (as well as all the associates, I think) have Facebook and Twitter accounts. No offense, but I don't feel comfortable sharing those addresses with people on the Internet. If you know where and how to look, you'll be able to find them. God bless.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We use both a website and our Facebook page, and Twitter too. Both are updated regularly. If you're not using a multi-level social media strategy you're missing a massive segment of our potential ministry crowd.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

We have had both a regular website, and facebook page for quite a while now...at least 5 years on facebook. It is a very effective communication tool. Especially for Major events like VBS... Sometimes members post their thoughts about the recent sermon...and sometimes a visitor will find the page and post a question about service times, childcare, or musis style, and there are several of us who have admin access and can answer such questions.

We do not have a Church Twitter account.

6. PeterM

PeterM Member

Current studies show that over 90% of those who visit a church either discovered them on the web or visited before visiting. We depend on our website to convey a great deal about who we are, what we believe, our vision, values, etc. It's been a great tool!

FB has also been good at undergirding our electronic presence and promoting certain events. If you can get your people plugged in and they share events and posts, the outreach potential is awesome. I also have a FB page and use it to post items about our church, share videos, Scripture verses, quotes from other pastors I like, etc.

Both are good tools if used properly... that said, nothing beats word of mouth to advance church stuff.