1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith - A Video

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mark Fesco, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco New Member

I think this is a good forum to post this in as it deals with the way Christianity and religions that stress faith (namely Islam) are viewed by the damned.

I wonder what your immediate thoughts are concerning the video.

http://true.wxcs.com/multimedia/video/religion_small.wmv

2. I'm4Given

I'm4Given New Member

Tried several times. Kept getting this response,

The file you want to play is on a server that did not respond in a timely manner. Windows Media Player attempted to make contact with the server that holds the file you wanted to play. For a number of reasons, including Internet traffic, a lost modem connection to your service provider, that server did not respond during the time that Windows Media Player waits for a response. So Windows Media Player gave up waiting for the server to respond and stopped trying to play that file. Try to play the file at another time.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I spent the video trying to figure out what they were trying to "say." Then at the end, it seemed to be and indictment against both islam and Christianity for all the havoc taking place in the world - blaming the world's problems on religion.

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I couldn't get to the video at all.......

but based on USN2's reply, I would not think that one video would necessarily represent the entirety of how unsaved people see a faith-based religion.

BTW, true Biblical Christianity is the only truly faith-based religion. Islam includes alot of "works".

Also, there's always been groups out there who blame the world's problems on those who stress faith in God. I wouldn't include Islam in there, but this is really not a new accusation. We've heard it before many times.

5. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco New Member

I agree. I think what the author of the video seeks to do is make the idea of "faith" so ridiculous that one ought not to partake in it and then to go a stp further by declaring that faith is dangerous. The Christians in the tape are made to appear foolish while the Muslim is made the barbarian.

I do not think it represents a majority of Nonbelievers but it represents a large enough of a group to merit a look, I think.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

How disturbing -- There we were side by side. Definately a condemnation of extremists -- into which Christians would be lumped in. The Christians in the clip were very narrowly portrayed. I bet Muslims would say the same about their portrayal.

7. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco New Member

There is one part of the clip where a group of Christians are at a rally, presumably an anti-homosexual rally and it displays a man who is apparently screaming and has an angry look on his face.

When we attend rally's like that, do you guys believe it glorifies God to get in an angry shouting match or is there a better way to go about it?