1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith, Coming to Christ pleases God !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You jump into this thread and not know what has been talked about for the last how many pages? The topic certainly isn't Lordship Salvation! Don't tell me I am wrong without being prepared to tell me how I am wrong--that you didn't do!
    LS puts an end to progressive sanctification and turns it into salvation by works. I happen to believe in progressive sanctification. But that is not what we are speaking about here. You have jumped in and are derailing the thread.
    I have never suggested anything like this. Your accusations are all frivolous. Except for one verse you didn't answer any of the others and tried to take this thread off topic. Read the thread first. Find out what she is speaking about. You are off topic. This is not the theology forum and the topic is not LS. Perhaps you are posting in the wrong forum.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The believers in Rome did have the Spirit. That in itself proves you wrong.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I responded to what the two of you posted ...in this thread...Because I did not post earlier does not mean I do not know what has happened here FYI. I did not post, because SBM is getting herself into trouble as I said.

Not to worry...I started another thread to explore this incredible suggestion you have offered:type::type::type:

#83 Iconoclast, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This part of this thread was answering the outlandish statements of SBM concerning statements such as:
    Are we justified in eternity, given faith according to SBM, just because she believes that faith is a "work". That way when the Bible says in Romans 5:1, "being justified by faith," she declares it is God's faith and not ours.
    It is a warped theology.
    Who would believe that we are justified before the foundation of the world, in eternity past?
    Who would believe that God never laid to the "elect" any condemnation due to their sin?
    This is the topic, Icon.

Yet it is clear that Christ came to pay the penalty for "our sin."

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Believers have the Spirit, and so they are not in the flesh as Paul stated. Now read Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And the Spirit of God dwells in all believers, are you that spiritually ignorant to not realize the bible teaches that ?

So, if you had any kind of reasonable understanding in this matter, Rom 8:8 Them in the Flesh cannot apply to believers !

#85 savedbymercy, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1Jn 2:14-16 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning... (15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    --Answer this passage and the rest of the Scripture I gave you.
    The Bible does not contradict itself.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

SBM believes that all who believe that they can put their faith in Christ (as Paul commands in Acts 16:31) in order to be saved, are Idolaters.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1701514&postcount=38

Anything that man does (like being justified by "faith") is an idolater.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Evasion and Rabbit Trail ! Paul and John are inspired by the same Holy Spirit as writer's of scripture ! Now Paul wrote to Believers At Rome this Rom 8:8 them that are in the flesh cannot please God !

Then he goes on to write that they believers ARE NOT IN THE FLESH if the Spirit dwells in them ! The Spirit indwells all believers ! SO ROM 8:8 them in the flesh cannot be believers ! It's nothing you can do about it ! :)

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

More dishonesty and slander and misrepresentation ! That's how the great dhk wins a debate !

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

How is that dishonest and slanderous? DHK states that you said "Anything that man does (like being justified by "faith") is an idolater."

Your actual quote is "This teaching of man's freewill in the matter of Salvation is not just of those who loudly proclaim it, but even to those in the reformed faiths, who in the final analysis, make faith and or repentance, the basis for a man's Justification before God. Even if it is supposedly God given Faith. Hence any that attribute any part of Justification in part or in whole to what man does is an Idolater and it does not matter who it is and what their credentials or reputation may be." (emphasis mine)

The Bible plainly states that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, in faith believing, shall be saved. Are you saying that the Bible openly supports idolatry? After all, the Bible tells man to take an active part, but you say anything man does is idolatrous.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is the title of the thread:
    Recognize it?
    I quoted you because they are your words stating how faith does not please God. Those who believe that Christ saves "are idolaters" are according to you.
    Thus you contradict yourself.

Instead of the repetition of one verse in the Bible explain the other verses I gave you. You haven't done that either.
    And as Tony pointed I haven't taken anything of yours out of its context.

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I know what the title is, I created the thread, all you have done is evaded the points made and started a personal attack by lying and misrepresentation of my position !

NOW Faith does please God Heb 11:6 and yet them in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8 that is what the scripture says ! You don't believe it or like it or understand it, too bad !

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Liar, please show me a post where I stated that Faith does not please God !

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This was the point of referencing Spurgeon's "Baptist Confession of Faith" on this thread --> #1

You made a few timid post to DHK on that thread and left. Only to find out that this same principle comes up repeatedly here on the C-v-A board.

Your point that choosing to be a liar or adulterer has a significance far beyond "less toys in heaven" is the sort of thing that the "Baptist Confession of Faith" appears to endorse as well as the "Westminster Confession of Faith" and many other sources listed there. And there are many Bible texts posted there as well in support of it.

But on that thread - two Arminians - DHK and I take opposite sides of the question - where I have to defend the case of the Calvinists here who support Spurgeon in that discussion, because the Calvinists are absent over there. Aside from a timid post or two.

in Christ,

Bob

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Faith is confidence in the word of another; it is trust. It does not come from God. It is not a gift from God.
    For example, I chose to sit in this chair, and I have the faith that the chair will hold my weight without breaking. I "believe" that it will. I "trust" in the maker of the chair that his work is good and that the product is a good product.

The faith or trust does not come from God. It is innate. At best it develops from a trust or relationship. Or, it develops from the trust that you have in the word that you have of the person that you are talking to. How much do you trust that person.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. I trust the Word of God because I know the author of God, and have over time developed a relationship with him.

If an unbeliever is convinced that the author of the Word is God, there is no reason for him not to put his "faith" or confidence in the message of God, the gospel. That faith is not forced upon him as the Calvinist believes.
    "Believe" on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
    Believe (with your own faith--not God's faith) on the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are justified by faith. But the faith is our faith, not God's faith. Do you agree?
    It is our faith that pleases God.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Seeking God is a element of Faith Heb 11:6 but yet scripture states of man by nature this Rom 3:11 that is right none, zero seeks after God ! Also the same greek word for seek in Heb 11:6 is also used in Rom 3:11 ! Now this does not say that man does not seek after a god, he does, but it's a false god of his own natural understanding and not the True and Living God !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith pleases God Heb 11:6 and man by nature, in the flesh cannot please God ! So man by nature cannot believe in Christ !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Before a person can Hear God's words spiritually, he must be of God John 8:47 otherwise man cannot understand it or hear it John 8:43 !

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All Scripture has meaning. If your meaning does not harmonize with the rest of Scripture, then it is the wrong meaning.
    Now consider:

Act 17:26-31 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: (28) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. (29) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. (30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: (31) Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Paul is speaking from Mars' Hill to a purely pagan audience who worship idols. They do not know Christ, neither have they heard the gospel. This is the longest gospel message to the unsaved in the NT. Yet, look at the points Paul makes to this pagan, idol-worshiping people.
    1. They need to seek God.
    2. They need to "feel" or reach out for Him.
    3. They need to find God.
    4. He assures them that God is close to them so that all of the above is possible for them.
    5. Then Paul tells them that NOW God commands them to repent.
    --Note that repentance and faith go together in the NT. God will not give them the ability to repent or to believe. They must do this on their own.
    All of the above Paul tells them they must do on their own.

The Calvinist view of God is a very cruel unloving view of God.
    Here is another quote from Dave Hunt's book, What Love is This:
    Totally irrational!

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Man by nature does not seek after God Rom 3:11 !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.