1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith received part deux

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by convicted1, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

DHK did joke about a girl named Grace sometime back. It was obvious sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously.

It is like the old joke,

Q- What kind of car did God drive?

A- A Plymouth of course, God said he was in his Fury!

Eze 13:Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.

Popular Christian joke many years ago, nowadays the kids wouldn't understand it.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Thanks I missed that one, I usually pick up on sarcasm, being fluent in it myself.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

There was a new preacher who lived in a farming community. One day he thought he would get out and introduce himself to his new neighbors. He saw a man working in the field and approached him:

Pastor- Hello, I'm Pastor Smith, the new pastor at Grace Baptist Church and I thought I'd come out and introduce myself and invite folks to church.

Farmer- Nice to meet you Pastor Smith, and thanks for the invite.

Pastor- Before I go, I'd like to ask you an important question... Are you a member of the Christian family?

Farmer- No, they live down the road about four miles, but I'm no relation to them.

Pastor- No, you don't understand, what I meant to ask was, Are you lost?

Farmer- No sir, I've been living here over fifty years, I reckon I know where I am.

Pastor- No, you still don't understand, what I meant to ask was, Are you ready for the Rapture?

Farmer- When is that Pastor?

Pastor- Oh, I don't know, it could be today, or it could be tomorrow.

Farmer- Well, when you find out you let me know, I'm sure my wife would be interested in coming both days! :tongue3:

#123 Winman, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Amen to that.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I see. Sarcasm against the Grace of God, or the subject of His Grace, is in vogue and acceptable.

Not with this believer. Ever.

But some would justify anything.

Unreal and shameful.

That you won't (really, "refuse") to see it is telltale.

No holds barred for you all. Even the Grace of God is to be compromised for the sake of sarcasm. Congrats. :thumbsup:

#125 preacher4truth, Jun 28, 2011
  6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Do you agree with the Lord and His Bible that all of us are NOT able to save ourselves, that we are not Able to respond in faith to the Gospel message as we hear, but CANNOT hear in the sense of being able to process it and exercise saving faith in jesus...

Again...

Does NOT mean that we are dead physically!
    Still live in body/flesh, still can reason and think, doctrine is that we Cannot come to God in ourselves unless He applies direct grace to us and enable us to be actually able to hear with ;spiritual" hearing, and thus act on it and receive jesus by faith...

You err in how you define the depravity and the Spiritual destruction the fall brought unto all of us, and that apart from grace of God allowing us to be in a position to apply faith in Christ... We simply are unable to in and by ourselves!

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

Where does the Bible say we are unable to respond to God when he calls us?

8. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

John 6:63
    The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

1 John 1
    The Incarnation of the Word of Life
    1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our[Some manuscripts your] joy complete.

1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

It is never in us, it in Christ, turn away from Him you turn away from life.

#128 psalms109:31, Jun 28, 2011
  9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I am going to a bigger man than I really want to be and refuse to dignify your commentary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.