1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

faith

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by RON35951, Jan 20, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    All men have been saved by grace! All men saved that is.
    Everyone can play your game. :cool: Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved...

johnp.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Believe as you will even though you are WRONG!

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

All men have been saved by grace! All men saved that is.
    Everyone can play your game. :cool: Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved...

johnp.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You are miss reading and miss applying Ephesians 2:8! The rest of scripture says so!

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    What are you so concerned about? Why don't you do here what you have done elsewhere and say that the scripture is inaccurate?
    All men have been saved by grace! All men saved that is. :cool: Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved...

johnp.

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

JohnP;
    Eph 2:8 Doesn't say this Read it again;

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I would Johnp, but I know the scripture is accurate, it is YOU who is not accurate in your reading and interpretation! It is YOUR Doctrine that is FALSE!

The Topic is man's salvation:
    The method is Through faith!
    The setting is "by Grace"!
    The gift is Salvation!
    the limitations are that the gift is given to those alone who Have faith in God, and there is not one thing that man can do to earn that gift!

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

We.

...and there is not one thing that man can do to earn that gift!

Forked tongue. You faith earns that free gift!

johnp.

8. here now

here now Member

Romans 10:17 So that faith cometh by hearing,
    and hearing by the word of God.

This DOES NOT say: So that faith cometh by hearing the word of God.

This DOES NOT only tell you how faith comes but also how you hear. You hear BY the word of God.

Faith comes from GOD.

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Here now,
    Everybody has access to the word of God!
    Not very many know what it is or what it does.

One must hear the word of God before one can accept the word and believe what it says and THEREBY establish faith in it. If you do not have faith in the word of God, You certainly are not going to have FAITH in God! And NO, God does not give you faith, you must develope that yourself. But God does give you EVERY REASON to have FAITH in HIM. He promises you Everlasting life IF you believe in Him and especially HIS SON! He tells you how it was in the old, and how it is in the new, and tells you how HE did all the work necessary for you salvation. Now you either believe that or you don't. If you believe that and accept that Jesus, is God come to dwell among men, who himself sacrificed his human life to pay the penalty for ALL SIN once for all, instead of every year as in the old, then You can have ever lasting life (Salvation). If you do not believe that, and you die the natural death, you will soon also die the second death because your name was blotted from the book of Life!

NO ONE can give you faith! It must come from within you.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You must prove that faith is a work as defined in Scripture!

No forked tongue here, you simply fail to understand!

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

I'll take that as proved.
    Forked tongue. Jesus will never forsake us Jesus will you say.

johnp.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

I'll take that as proved.
    Forked tongue. Jesus will never forsake us Jesus will you say.

johnp.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Then, Johnp, you'd be wrong as USUAL!
    The work of GOD, not man, is that we, man, believe on him whom HE hath sent.

It is God's work and Jesus declared it finished from the Cross. It is now up to us to believe or not believe!

Believe and received everlasting life. John 3:16

Not believe and you condemn yourself to the second death! John 3:18

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    "What must we do?" The crowd asked Jesus. "To do the work God requires of us?"
    Jesus gave this answer, "The work of God is this, believe in His Son."
    I proved the point. :cool:

You say that it is God's work to believe in the Son then God will be saved if He does? :cool:
    This might make sense to you but it does not to me.
    Are you saying that it is God's work for us to believe in His Son? If you are then welcome to the world of scripture.
    Are you saying that it is man's work for us to believe in His Son? If you are then what is God's work?
    Are you saying that believing the Son is a work of God?
    Whatever you are saying I proved the point that faith is a work.

Jesus will never forsake us you say. Jesus will forsake us you say.
    Forked tongue I call that.

johnp.

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You have missed the intent of John 6:28!

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Your debating skills have left you? You have missed the intent of John 6:28! What is the intent of John 6:28 if it is not a question about what we must do?
    Explain the intent of the verse please. JN 6:28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"

johnp.

16. nwells

nwells New Member

I thought I would jump in...

Here is something that helped me in understanding this verse:

John 6:27-29 (Amplified New Testament)
    27 Stop toiling and doing and producing for the food that perishes and decomposes [in the using], but strive and work and produce rather for the [lasting] food which endures [continually] unto life eternal; the Son of Man will give (furnish) you that, for God the Father has authorized and certified Him and put His seal of endorsement upon Him.
    28 They then said, What are we to do, that we may [habitually] be working the works of God? [What are we to do to carry out what God requires?]
    29 Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].

The context is Jesus tells them to stop working for things that don't matter for the only work that God desires of them is that they believe in His Son.

This can be confirmed by looking here:

1Th 1:2-5 We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, (3) remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. (4) For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, (5) because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

I hope that helps.

-Nathan

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

What of that Wes? I did not know that one did I? I do now! :cool: Thanks nwells! That helps.
    Wes, Explain the intent of the verse please. JN 6:28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"

johnp.

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

So, It is God's work that we believe in the one He sent. God has given us every reason to believe, so with all the reasons in place, It is our responsibility to carry out God's work to its rightful conclusion that WE do indeed believe in the one he sent. What could be plainer than that?

Nathan, your understanding is clear and correct!