1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Falling away

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since you brought it up, just what does that question mean? I never understood it's logic.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Follow the link, but the short version is it carries a supposition that at one time, the person being questioned DID in fact, beat his wife. Regardless if he answers yes, no, or maybe, he confirms that fact. There is no answer that validates that he never did do so.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See that is why i don't get it.

My answer would be I have never beat my wife. So there is an answer. Second I would ask why do you believe I have?

So I just don't get it.

How does this apply to my question to Ken?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I consider abortion to be a violation of the right to life, not murder. Just about all, if not all, politcians support at least some violation of rights.

5. Magnetic Poles

Your question uses loaded words, in that it presupposes that abortion equals murder. I know you believe it does, but it is still loaded. Non loaded would be "How can you support a candidate who supports abortion?"

Or to look at it from the other side of the coin, what if it were asked, "How can you support someone who would force a 14 year old rape victim to bear the child of her attacker? Why do you hate children so?"

Neutral language keeps the debate on the issue, rather than introducing biases into the dialog.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no such presupposition. Abortion equals murder, There is no debate in the scriptures. You do believe the scriptures, correct?

Question one, God's word does not give provision for a rape victum to murder the innocent third party child. That would be heaping sin on top of sin.

Question two, It would not mean you hate the fourteen year old but rather you love her as to not enable her to commit murder. Two wrongs never make a right.

God avoids "nuetral language". I will preach the truth. I would hope that all Christians would say amen rather than protest God's Word on these matters.

7. Magnetic Poles

Th ere's no debate in the scriptures, because they are silent on the issue.

Now, I know that you will cite the verse about God knew me in my mother's womb...which is true...but when did I become a person? Was it at conception? 2nd Trimester? Five weeks, three hours, 22 minutes and 6 seconds?

There is nothing in scripture or science equating a zygote or blastocyst with personhood.

So yes, there is indeed a supposition in the loaded words you chose. Abortion can be the removal of a clump of cellular tissue. I don't give a mass of cells the same rights as a little girl who has been raped. Sorry. It is also sin to revictimize her.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Abortion not murder? This from a Christian?

I don't suppose posting scripture would make any difference so I will pray your final words trouble you unto repentance.

May God forgive you and teach you. :praying:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This post is so sad, so ignorant to God's word, so ignorant to the Holy Spirit's teaching that it would be a sin for me to give you scripture that you would simply drag through the mud. So I will let your words be judged by the board.

May God forgive you and convict you.

10. Magnetic Poles

The board has no power to judge me. And it is not me with the burden of proof. You made the assertion that scripture equates abortion with murder, but cannot back it up ... with scripture. I genuinely would like to see it if you know of clear Biblical teaching on the subject. I have found none, nor anyone who can.

Adding more illogic to your flawed arguments. Maybe a debate club would do you some good.

#70 Magnetic Poles, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You mentioned one scripture MP and then proceded to dismiss it. So giving you others to rail against would be unworthy of me presenting God's Word.

May God bless you! I forgive you. :godisgood:

12. Magnetic Poles

Like I said...you got nothin'. Check and Mate!

If you make a statement as fact, expect to be called upon to provide supporting evidence. Otherwise, it is just opinion being stated as fact.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now, I know that you will cite the verse about God knew me in my mother's womb...which is true...

God Bless!:praying:

14. Magnetic Poles

:BangHead: I must like beating my head into a wall...but ok...I'll bite. Where does that verse say life begins at the moment of conception? Are you not in the womb a week before birth also?

You are reading things that aren't there. That's why I knew you'd drag that one out...people with your view always do, but it doesn't say what they believe it does.

So...where in scripture is a zygote equal to a person? Where is abortion called murder? There is an argument to be made that there is scriptural evidence that post-birth infants are not worthy of life, as the angel of death, sent by God, did a mass murder of innocent infants at the passover in Egypt. Yet nothing about abortion?

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I present the scripture will you repent of your view?

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You self-righteous condescension has become tiresome, steaver.

17. Magnetic Poles

Indeed! :thumbs:

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My righteousnesses is as filthy rags. I have only defended God's word on this matter.

God Bless! :godisgood:

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tell me MP, just what is a "zygote" in your mind, is it anything to do with human life?. Is it something God created to be human?

God Bless!

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have defended your political leanings and biases, steaver, just like all of us do. Nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.