1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Falling away

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

In my mind has nothing to do with it. By definition, it is a single cell. No nervous system. No circulatory system. Cant think, feel, taste, emote. No more a person than the gazillion sperm cells that die, and the ova that get flushed out every month. Plus most abortions are spontaneous without the woman ever having known she had a fertilized ovum within her. Does this make God the world's biggest abortionist?

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Does a human life begin at conception or not? It is as simple as this.

3. Magnetic Poles

I say there is no science or scripture to support such a view. I have already answered that. You should read above. You believe differently. We will not agree on this.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many deformities does a human life need to possess before we call it non-human?

God Bless!

5. Magnetic Poles

I will add, if my little granddaughter is ever (God forbid) raped and impregnated, this is one Grandpa who will be willing to take her right down to the doctor for an abortion. No moral issue at all for me. Her welfare is far more important than a wad of cells that can't think or feel. To do otherwise is child abuse.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a zygote is not human life then what life is it?

7. Magnetic Poles

Are you as passionate about the living skin cells in your body? The cells you shed all the time? Are they not human cells? Zygotes are human cells, not a complete human being.

8. Magnetic Poles

Adding: Steaver, we will never agree. You continue to avoid providing any evidence to support your assertions. Therefore, I think we are done here.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are avoiding the fact. Take away my arm and I am still a human life though not complete in body. Take away the zygote and you take away the life.

God Bless!

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Magnetic Poles

Worse cases do happen, that is why we need to keep it legal. BTW, maybe you can step up to the challenge that steaver shirked...got any scripture to support the view that life begins at conception? I ask sincerely, not as bait.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

13. Magnetic Poles

Yet at conception, one is not formed. Next!

I have no doubt God knew me 500 years ago. So does life begin BEFORE conception?

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sad. So sad.

15. Magnetic Poles

Yes it is...sad that you cannot support your assertions. Again, if that's all ya got, we're done. I am coming to the conclusion that opposition to early term abortion is not based on eithe scripture or science, but on emotion. But a blastocyst isn't a cute, cuddly baby just waiting for a hug. It can become that at some point, but it isn't there at that point.

#95 Magnetic Poles, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been clearly shown. It is up to you what you do with it.

God Bless!

17. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Wow, amazing thread. MP, you accuse steaver of using loaded words and then call us "students" in both loaded language and condescending tone. You ask where in scripture a zygote is mentioned or where Scriptures indicates the moment life begins, and then castigate him for not giving an answer fast enough, as if either of these questions are relevant. You give an example of a child who was raped and imply that it is child abuse to not allow her an abortion and claim this is not loaded language? Which child is being abused--the one being forced to carry a baby for 9 months, or the one being murdered and dismembered? Why is it so hard for you to admit the teaching of God's word?

"Thou shalt not kill."

"Suffer the little children to come unto me."

"But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly."

Did you know the term "Brephos" is used in Scripture both before and after a child's birth? Same term for fetus and infant.

Over and over the Bible uses phrases like "conceived and bore" so and so. revealing it was more than a Zygote in question, but a person with a name.

Gabriel said John would be full of the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb.

The baby in Elizabeth's womb "leaped for joy" in her womb at the sound of Mary's voice.

He said, "...do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." It is already a child, and already a who...not a zygote.

The prophecy said, "Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall bear a son..." He was already a child in the womb.

You guys need to repent of your false accusations of believers as liars when they disagree with you, and your pride in belittling others, your condescending attitudes, and your support of murder to preserve your man-made rules of logic and government. Redefining a child as a "zygote" or "fetus" is an old try to remove the humanity and make the baby a coldly scientific subject. "With child" was used for centuries to refer to pregnancy. The proponents of a barbarity on any group of people often create new terms for standard usage, to dodge responsibility, and this tactic has been used to justify some of the most brutal crimes in history; it is beneath you as a follower of Christ.

Murder of the innocent is alway wrong! How hard is that?

18. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Yes, at conception, one is formed. And save your belittling "Next" for another thread. At conception you already have a spirit, a mind, and a body. All 3 will go through drastic changes over the course of your life and death (which is equally true of all of us adults. You may have set arbitrary rules for what a body should look like, how big it has to be, or where it gets its nutrients, but it is a body none the less.

Life begins in the will of God, not the will of man. So yes, it begins before conception.

19. Magnetic Poles

No, it wasn't in a condescending tone...rather I was using a bit of humor. Sorry you took it that way.

Again, it wasn't because he didn't answer fast enough. He answered repeatedly without addressing the question.

No, it is a description of a plausible, real-life scenario. Total bans can, and do, have unintended consequences.

Any parent who would force his or her child to bear the child of their rapist should have their daughter and other children taken by the state for extreme and outrageous child abuse. That is the answer. Nowhere is what you advocate proscribed by scripture or common decency.

Nowhere have I said a fetus doesn't form in the womb. Of course it does...that is basic biology. However a blastocyst is not a baby. It may or may not become one.

You need to repent of extrapolating your biases as scripture, and expecting everyone to follow. No one is redefining anything, or making up new terms. Zygote, blastocyst, fetus, etc. are all valid scientific and descriptive terms. Science and common sense recognized there is a difference between a fertilized egg cell and a baby.

On that, we agree.

#99 Magnetic Poles, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  20. Magnetic Poles

Again, more opinion without support in scripture or science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.