1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Family and marriage make a nation strong

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by breakingcontact, Apr 28, 2015.

1. breakingcontact

Site Supporter

SCOTUS heard oral arguments this morning on 4 cases that could completely redefine marriage as it has existed for millenia.

The libertarian view is this should be a matter left to the states. As I live in Texas I am somewhat receptive to that as my fellow Texans have already voted to uphold marriage both at the polls and by who we have elected in this state.

However, as a conservative I have to argue that indeed the federal government could have an interest in marriage for the following:

Marriage creates a strong society, a strong nation that is based in the family. An in tact family with married mother and father that provides for their children not only alleviates the economic burden placed upon the state to provide for those born out of wedlock or otherwise struggle due to not being part of an in tact family but furthermore strong families produce strong men who may need to be called upon to defend the nation in time of war.