1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Family Disowns Cindy Sheehan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Aug 12, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

As co-moderator here I support LE's decision totally.

Now, let us return to the topic and stop debating her action. The topic at hand is not a moderater's editing.

C4K

[ August 13, 2005, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. Mapipe

Mapipe Member
    Site Supporter

Mrs. Sheehan is indeed grieving, but grieving with a vengeance. The poor lady is beside herself with her hatred of President Bush. She is grieving not the fact that she lost her son, but the fact that she cannot personally take her hatred to the President face to face. She is using her son. I would love to hear what his take on the war was and what it meant to him to be over there doing what he could to free the Iraqi women and children from day to day torture.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Please be careful when you quote certain phrases on the board. Remember we allow members 13 and older.

We need to be salt and light to both those young in age and young in their faith.

Diane Tavegia

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

See Neal Nuze for more of his commentary. He's been reporting on this issue for several days. He blew a big hole in her false accusations that the President was inconsiderate, etc. in her private visit with him.

He's correct about her conduct. She's not grieving the loss of her son but, rather, using her son's death as a tool for expression of her deep hatred. It's a shame the liberally biased major news networks can't get that story right.

The Secret Service is, hopefully, keeping a close eye on this loose canon because the way she's talking there's no telling what she might decide are acceptable means to carry out her vengeance.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Excellent comments!

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We need to tell the truth about life and not hide it from them.

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Now, let us return to the topic and stop debating her action. The topic at hand is not a moderater's editing.

C4K
    </font>[/QUOTE]What do you think about the topic?

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

She's been spewing out hatred for a long time now. It's interesting to read the main stream media news reports about it. She's fueled in part by the encouragement she's given by them.

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link to her columns, Ken. She is called a Gold Star Mother because she is a member of an organization that calls themselves Gold Star Families for Peace and their stated mission is to end the war in Iraq. In other words, she is an anti-war activist who likes to portray herself as a victim (the police made me pitch my tent in a ditch instead of in the middle of the road--boo hoo).

She is harming the USA with her activities because she is making the Arabs think that she represents American thinking and has 38 Democrat Congressmen behind her. Actually, she is just doing the bidding of liberal Democrats in a raw political move that trades on her poor son. She is purely cynical in the use of her son.

Her organization:

http://www.gsfp.org/

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

C4K
    </font>[/QUOTE]What do you think about the topic?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am only a moderator ;) . I have not kept up with the story enough. It does not make the news here.

I am certain that the 4-5 threads running on the topic are enough for me to catch up though.

11. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Wholeheartedly agree.

You can be heartbroken with grief and still not hate. Shehan's behavior is an example of ego centricism.

A person grieving is easily consumed by it if others do not surround them with love. Unfortunately for this woman it seems her family has had enough, and simply want out. She will either run to people who really care nothing about her nor her son (just their cause) or she will return to the fold and be healed, as much as one can be.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Good thoughts! I hope she, and her family, lay their grief on the Lord who has the power to comfort and heal. I hope she stops blaming everyone else for what happened to her son.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It figures that a liberally biased reporter like Chris Matthews would want someone like Cindy Sheehan to be his representative. They love all that blame heaped upon America for the consequences of war. They eat it up like lions on a fresh kill.