1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Family friendly search engines

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Paul Rittman, May 10, 2014.

1. Paul Rittman

Paul Rittman Member

I am wondering if there are any family friendly search engines out there. I know goodsearch.com is, but I'm not sure if they filter content results (which is what I want to have filtered). I'd like to be able to use web and image searches and have the results automatically filtered for me.

I can get that with google, but I have to accept Google cookies, and then select and lock in this search, and I'd prefer to avoid this. Additionally, it would be nice to support an online concern that provides this service.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

K9 Browser seems to work pretty well.

3. Paul Rittman

Paul Rittman Member

K9 isn't bad at all. It can't do math problems (like 73*43), or convert miles to kilometers like Google can, but I can always use google for that. It has an image search as well, which is a must.

Thanks for sharing this.

4. Paul Rittman

Paul Rittman Member

The results aren't quite as good as Google.

Ideally, I'd love to find a website that simply gives you google search results that are pre-filtered already. But it is nice to have K9 as a fallback option.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not up-to-snuff on this stuff, but I use https://startpage.com and have been pretty well satisfied, & IIRC, you can set the filters to the strictness level you want.
    If this does not answer the question you have, just ignore & good luck. :thumbs:

6. Paul Rittman

Paul Rittman Member

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. It gives me google search results, and with a strict filter setting, but without having to keep google cookies on my computer.

My next quest is for one for Youtube. I could have sworn I've heard of sites that simply searhced youtube for your terms, but of course filtered the results. If not, that's ok, at least this is the main issue right here.

Thanks for the link. I had heard of this before, but forgot that startpage gives google results.