1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fantasy Football league Registration is open

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jun 27, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We cannot split into divisions unless we do the pay league.

Please feel free to share with other BB members about the league and see if they might be interested.

Something we can do if anyone's game: the draft order will not be selected until the computer randomizes it just prior to the draft (30 minutes, I think). The league uses an inverted order draft. That is, the person with the first pick of the first round picks last in the second round. The person with the last pick of the first round picks first in the second round. Make sense? I've heard of leagues where the commish picks the teams out of a hat. First team gets to pick where they want to draft, and so on, because some are wild about getting that #1 pick, but not at the expense of having to watch 2 dozen players go off the board before they pick again. Anyway, I'm fine either way.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hearing no support for this, we'll just allow the computer to select the random order for the draft.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We now have 14 teams. An even number. We're set.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The draft is still at the original time, correct? I know there has been discussion about moving it.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

If you guys can get someone to take my team let me know, my daughter is playing in a volleyball tourney friday and saturday hence the ZooFreaks will either have to go auto draft or not play

I hate auto draft - so I would rather drop and give the team to someone else

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Boy, the timing is unreal. We just had our last guy join in right before you mentioned possibly needing to leave. I don't want to see you go, Jimmy. We just got back to even! Besides, it will be fun to have you in this.

As far as the draft time, right now it's still Sat at 12:30pm Eastern (Sept 1). I am afraid we cannot move it right now due to us being near the 11th hour. We would be looking at having it by Wednesday, or else having it the time we're scheduled to have it. Remember that we're limited by what's available on the Yahoo schedule. We could try to move it either an hour or two later or else much later that night (8 or 9 pm Sat) but I know a couple of folks that would knock out. A couple have told me that they got in because of when the draft was scheduled already. I'm hesitant to tinker with this unless absolutely necessary and nearly unanimous.

#66 TomVols, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Duplicate post

#67 TomVols, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tom

I should be ok

I was thinking the draft was this weekend - since it is next I am fine!

by the way - my daughters team did great in pool play - she had many kills and a few aces (girls volleyball is my favorite sport - esp at the varsity hs and college level) On to the championship bracket tomorrow!

JIm

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hope her team does well in the championship round!

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

looks like they needed more sleep - came out totally uninspired today. With the quality of talent in HS volleyball these days, a team has to be on thier A game at all times. We did ok, but could have done much better

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Remember...the draft is Saturday at 12:30 pm (30 minutes past noon) eastern.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am looking forward to it. :)

By the way, how many rounds will the draft be?

#72 KenH, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The draft is equal to the roster spots, which is right now 23. (that might recieve an adjustment since we have so many teams, but 23 is where we are right now).

Remember to be there 10 minutes prior to the start of the draft, and you can rank players up to 45 minutes prior to start time.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Tom,

I hope the picks come fast and furious. With 14 teams 23 rounds means 322 picks, so even a 1 minute time limit per pick would be 5 hours and 22 minutes if each pick took the full minute.

I've already made out my draft list of who I want and who to pick if any of my preferred picks are already taken so I should be able to do each of my picks in no more than 15 seconds each.

15. Chessic

Chessic New Member

And they're off! Oh wait, wrong sport...

It was an interesting draft. I hope everyone is happy with their team.

Did anyone else get auto-picks of players on IR? I missed the last half of the draft and got 2 players that are on IR. lol

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The auto pick for the D players did not work very well - we will have to ask Yahoo whats up with all the SPARES and injured players being rated so highly!

I have completely reworked my defensive players and will be watching the wavier wire closely for upgrades!

GO ZooFreaks!

17. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed that as well. Some of the best defensive players were towards the bottom of their rankings. I am glad I didn't have auto on.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I sent a message to a Yahoo expert asking about this, because the Yahoo rankings were totally ridiculous. I'll let you guys know what I hear.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A thought for the 2008 season: Maybe use those six starting slots for offensive players and just leave team defense for that side of the line of scrimmage.

20. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Agreed.

nfl.com kills both birds with one stone: it has much more up-to-date player rankings and information, and it excludes individual defensive players.

This is my usual playing site and when I came to the yahoo draft I was pretty much clueless when it came time to pick defensive players not knowing how they are scored or even what some of the abbreviations stands for. I still am not sure what the difference between D, Def, DB, and DL are. I'm guessing Def is a team Defense and DB is Defensive Back, though it seems odd to throw linebackers and cornerbacks in the same group, and I don't know how the scoring is handled. DL is, I guess, Defensive Lineman, but I don't know what D is. For that matter, I'm not sure what they mean by W/T and W/R (it's not wide receiver, I can tell that much).

It's not too late to play on nfl.com, either, if anyone wants to start a second league.