1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Farrakhan on Obama the Messiah

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Paladin, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I just watched this...I had to see it for myself... wow...how does Farrakhan explain his meaning?

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I listened again and it does seem that Farrahkhan is referring to Obama as a Messiah. "When the Messiah speaks..." he says this right after talking about Obama. There could be no one else he is referring to here as Messiah.

Of course, I am not sure what the Farrakhan take on a Messiah is since they do not accept the idea of a Messiah, as far as I know. They are a spinoff of Islam (and considered a cult by Islam and not to be true Muslims).

So perhaps GoldDragon is right in that their idea of the Messiah is someone who will be a deliverer of a bad situation.

#22 Marcia, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just heard it and agree. Farrakan does not call Obama the Messiah in this video. The logo on his pulpit was "Saviour's Day". Wallace F. Muhammad is the messiah in the Nation of Islam. The following quote references him as "the Master".

This is a good example of how sound bites are easily misconstrued.

#23 Gold Dragon, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: OK.

Whatever.:laugh:

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sadly Janie, anything said looking for balance, fair treatment, or another explanation makes you an Obama supporter.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Unfortunately Roger is right Janie, next they'll have you carrying a sign wearing pro-Obama teeshirt and hat...

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Whoops, thats Jamie :) - my bad

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

So I guess of course you ahve proof someone is calling palin the messiah? If not, no comparission, since calling obama 'messiah' is the topic of this thread. So I guess you could start a new thread, if you have proof. But if not, lets stay on topic please, finally.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Why is that when there is an anti-Palin thread it is on topic to bring Obama in, but in an anti-Obama thread is is off topic to bring Palin in?

11. Chessic

Chessic New Member

OP links work just fine for me, as do donnA's links.

12. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Until I can get broadband hooked up, I am using dial-up and cant watch Youtube.

So, I have not seen the video, but I have to admit, that anytime Farrakan uses the term "Messiah" red flags go up.

We know that NOI doesnt believe that Jesus was the messiah, so could it be possible that Farrakan was referring to Mohammad?

My guess that any use of the word messiah by Farrakan was either referring to Obama or Mohammad. If he was referring to Jesus as the messiah, then I am sure he said it with sarcasm.

I am trying to remember exactly what he said once, but I believe it was something like "white people are devils". If he believes that, then perhaps he does see Obama as a savior.

AJ

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm quite impressed with your stance! :applause:
    It takes a humble person to change their mind on important issues, and I believe you will be richly rewarded some day for taking such a stance. You have my respect :thumbs:

If only the vast majority of America could do the same... :tear:

14. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

For those who want more context, the longer version is HERE

Farrakhan says, among other things that, "Barack Obama is the herald of the messiah."

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Great news, Dragonfly! I agree with Webdog above. I am glad to hear it. And I agree with you about McCain - the horrid two-party system has given us two awful candidates. While I think faithful Christians can have disagreements about whether or not to vote for McCain, I do not think voting for Obama is a viable option for a believer.

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

IOW, he is calling Obama some kind of prophet for the messiah. Kind of reminds me of the false prophet who heralds the Beast of Rev. 13.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and that is EXACTLY what I have thought of Obama from the beginning. I think 2012 could be the year Obama gets a "promotion" to the UN or EU. With the quick rise in popularity and power, the world would have no problem endorsing someone he puts full trust behind. I would not be surprised to see him become POTUS...the US economy taking off...and then being in the position to capitalize on this power surge.

I pray I'm wrong about him being POTUS, but it is looking like he might be separating himself from the pack. The vast majority of US voters are quite disappointing to me.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Millions of your fellow believers, such as myself, will be doing exactly that - voting for Senator Obama. :thumbs:

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it appears that my candidate will win the presidency for the third time in a row. :thumbs:

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and millions of voters will have to give an answer to God face to face for that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.