1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Farve is Done

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Mar 4, 2008.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well it looks as if the ancient one has finally decided that is body was to old to keep playing football. The Packers have confirmed that Brett Farve is retiring.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Brett Favre, a class act, all the way!

And I'm not a Packers fan, FTR.

Ed

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It seemed like he was just upset that the Packers did not sign Randy Moss. I will fully believe he is retired when they have their first game with a different starting QB.

If he is truly retiring, I wish him well. He is one of the greats!

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

It ain't over 'til it's over --Yogi Berra

I agree that I'll believe it when I see it. This is a good time to retire, though, after a great year, and I think (as a packer fan) he should for his own legacy and benefit.

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Good-bye Bret, its been fun.[​IMG] ESPN has confirmed his decision.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Is he really done? Too much of a competitor. Still, it's been fun watching him play.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I think he really is through this time. It would surprise me if he plays another season. This could make NFC central a shakeup next year with the Lions powerhouse coming out on top.:rolleyes: Yeah right. As if that will ever happen as long as Millen is still running things and the Fords own the team.

Any way, congrats on a great career in the NFL to Brett, though I canĀ“t stand the Packers. Farve was a class act and certainly one of the best QBs ever.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great quarterback

Yep, he is one of the greats.

Johnny Unitas [Johnny U] is still the greatest in my book. He hung in the pocket longer than any quarterback I have ever seen.

Anyone remember "Little" Eddie Labaron?

Not a quarterback, but do y'all remember Big Daddy Lipscomb?

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Shore do! I remember all three.

Johnny Unitas died of a heart attack on the first anniversary of 9/11, in 2002 at the age of 69.

Eddie LeBaron is now 78, and was the first starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

Gene 'Big Daddy' Lipscomb was a DT for the Pittsburgh Steelers, when I first became aware of him. He died as a result of a heroin overdose (according to the Medical Examiner, there was enough 'horse' found in his system to have killed five men) at the age of 31, on May.10, 1963.

BTW, Eddie LeBaron is still in the NFL record books after throwing the shortest TD pass (2") of all time.

Seems appropriate, somehow. Shortest modern era QB (5'7"); shortest TD pass (2").

Ed

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Favre is one of the good guys in the league, he'll be missed. And in a way he is the end of a era from the 80's and early 90's where a lot of good QB's entered into the league.

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Incidentally, I just ran across this. Richard "Dick" Bielski, the two time pro-Bowler, who was on the receiving end of Eddie LeBaron's "short-record setting" 2 in. pass, is also still living at 75. How many of y'all remember him?

Ed