1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fate of Southwestern profs unclear after trustee meeting

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Sherrie, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tell that to Baptist Press. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Or to the Associated Baptist Press. :rolleyes:

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell that to Baptist Press. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Or to the Associated Baptist Press. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Associated Baptist Press tries to report accurately. I suppose it could be considered divisive to those who believe Baptist Press. I've never caught Associated Baptist Press in a lie. Therefore Associated Baptist Press is divisive for the sake of truth.

Baptist Press goes out of its way to skew facts to support the SBC political machine. It is obvious to those who take the time to verify the stories that Baptist Press tells that Baptist Press is extremely dishonest. Therefore Baptist Press is divisive for the sake of deception.

Both could be considered divisive, but I'd rather choose the truth over a lie. If I remember correctly, that's God standard.

3. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't BP or ABP take the same attitude as FOX News--"We report; you decide" :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I admire your ability to say that with a straight face. I thought BP was pretty much following the FOX model.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ABP certainly has a point of view, but it is not owned lock, stock and barrel by the denomination.

5. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I read both the Associated Baptist Press and the Baptist Press.

I feel like the truth may come out somewhere between the two.

They are both Biased and that should be obvious.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I've been reading them both for a while, and the ABP seems to be less biased. BP, at times, is just a press agent in search of a fight.

7. atestring

atestring New Member

If pope Patterson becomes president of Southewestern Seminary will there be any smoke coming out of the top of the chapel?

[ April 20, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: atestring ]

8. American Citizen

American Citizen New Member

It is amazing to read these arguments. ABP is objective! Really. ABP is a tool of the left. True they are not owned by anyone. However, you never doubt where they stand. That is their right. In Oklahoma we have two groups -Mainstream Oklahoma Baptist and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Oklahoma- that claim to be separate groups. I called the CBFO group one morning to ask a question. The only one there was a secretary. I asked her why they advertised the Mainstream group's radio show. I said since they are two distinct groups. She laughted and said well the same people are in both groups. They are really the same. I said thank you. You have told the truth. Bruce Prescott the CEO of Mainstream Baptist would greatly deny that. His official line is they are distinct. I don't think Bruce likes to tell the truth. I think the arguement here is similiar. ABP is not on paper owned by the CBF but in reality they are firmly in their camp and will spin the news just like their editor said a couple of years ago. ABP will never attack anyone on the left. You can count on that no matter what they do or say.

9. FearNot

FearNot New Member

BP, I urge you to find a copy of and read an essay that Pres. Reagan wrote about abortion. He wrote this while he was president. His beliefs are very evident in his writing. While Pres. Carter has served the Habitat very well, I also feel Pres. Reagan has done much for this country. Some of his supreme court judges are still doing the work he selected them to do. I pray one day soon they will be able to rid this country of legalized baby murder. You also have to acknowledge that Pres. Reagan has been sick for years now and has been unable to do any kind of service work to show his faith.

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the context I am guessing you are talking to me. :D

Can you point me in the proper direction?

I voted for Reagan and certainly appreciated much of what he did when he was President. I do not care for most of his Supreme Court nominees primarily because of their willingness to undermine religious liberty. As far as abortion goes, a Supreme Court decision against abortion will not even come close to solving the problem. Our culture needs to be changed from the bottom to the top. While I do believe that Roe v. Wade should be overturned, it would be a relatively minor part of eliminating abortion. For instance, when my father working in a hospital during World War II, he was constantly approached by soldiers to get a certain medication that cause miscarriages. Their girlfriends wanted it to terminate their pregnancies. My father refused to provide it but many others did not. Unfortunately it is relatively easy to terminate a pregnancy and until our culture changes it will continue regardless of any Supreme Court decisions. :(

No doubt about it. I was not counting anything that happened after his Presidency. He and his family have had a terrible time as he has slowly lost his faculties. [​IMG]

11. KPBAP

KPBAP Member

What was the original question??? Fate of SWBTS??
    The immediate fate is with Miles Seaborn.
    The infamous words of Ralph Pulley chairman of trustees who fired Dilday..."we have the power!"