1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Father Forgive Them

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jerome, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

:laugh:
    I'm just one of the moderators and you are more than welcome to disagree as long as you don't attack anyone personally as that is against the rules, not to mention unChristlike. This is a debate forum so there are certainly going to be differing points of view offered. I believe we can all learn from each other.

The term world may not always refer to all individuals without exception, but it is a all inclusive term (like the term "whosoever") and certainly shouldn't be taken to mean "a select few."

"The Heavenly Father loves the human race, and wishes that they should not perish" -JC

And I affirmed that. The first part of his prayer was only for his apostles, whom the Father had given to him. In verse 20 he shifts his prayer to those who would believe through their message.

Sounds like you could use my help then. ;)

BTW, I sent you a private message about how to respond in quotes. You should be able to access that in the top right corner of your page.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It is talking about God choosing to work through the line of Jacob and not Esau. It has nothing to do with individuals and their relationship to the Gospel.