1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Father Malachi Martin and His writings?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by faithcontender, Feb 17, 2004.

1. LaRae

LaRae Guest

C'mon now LaRae, this can't really surprise you can it? </font>[/QUOTE]No it doesn't surprise me at all. I have yet to see anyone own up to it. They prefer to try and tie themsevles in pretzels trying to support distortions and outright lies.

If they bothered to compare these distortions and outright lies to actual teachings of the Catholic Church (not the interpertations of the teachings on an anti-Catholic site) they would be forced to re-think their position on supporting Chick and those like him....and some people just are not willing to do this.

LaRae

2. mioque

mioque New Member

"Dr. Alberto story maybe a fraud but what he revealed about catholicism is definitely true as many others attested to. "
    That Catholicism inventedIslam? That Catholicism arranged for Communism to take over Russia? That Catholicism invented the nazis in a plot to murder all Jews everywhere? That Catholicism infiltrates all other churches to corrupt them away from the True Faith?

"Or maybe the Catholic Church successfully descredited his character and personality but the issues he brought out against catholicism could not be disputed as a fact. "
    Actually it were Evangelical investigative reporters who did Alberto in not the Catholic Church.

"The Catholic Church still the whore of revelation and is long time an enemy of true Christianity."
    I always claim the Oudgereformeerden are in that spot.

3. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Hi Mioque,

Are you a catholic or a baptist? Based on your many posts you sound like a true catholic.

I try to force myself to believe that you are not one of the false brethren as spoken by apostle Paul.

4. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

faithcontender,

So one has to believe in the Alberto/Fr. Malachi conspiracy theories to be non-Catholic? Disbelieving them makes them Catholic? You are superb at dodging the issue of why you support nutcases, or why nutcases would possess the truth and be reliable sources of information. No, instead, you trust them, and question the people here.

Wow, that makes sense.

5. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

Mioque,

Now I know why you hang out on this forum -- it's because people keep giving you these nice compliments!

Mark

6. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

So one has to believe in the Alberto/Fr. Malachi conspiracy theories to be non-Catholic? Disbelieving them makes them Catholic? You are superb at dodging the issue of why you support nutcases, or why nutcases would possess the truth and be reliable sources of information. No, instead, you trust them, and question the people here.

Wow, that makes sense.

I said based on her many posts. All who read of his/her many posts will agree with me that he is more catholic than baptist. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh..."

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    *uncalled for remarks answering for Mioque deleted*
    The "sad thing" is that there are some RC members on this board "not doing their job". If they can't get Mioque to join the fold - they can't get anyone.

In Christ,

Bob

[ February 20, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Gina L ]

8. mioque

mioque New Member

faithcontender
    "Are you a catholic or a baptist?"
    I'm a lifelong baptist, my parents and grandparents converted from Dutch Reformed to baptism in the early fifties. I've been involved with the same IFB church all my life. I nowadays earn my living as it's koster (verger, or custodian if you like that term better).

And you faithcontender?
    You claim to be a Christian, but you sound like a conspiracy theorist. [​IMG]

"All who read of his/her many posts will agree with me that he is more catholic than baptist."
    It's her, thank you very much.
    You're not a baptist, so what do you know on this issue?
    Holding to the baptist distinctives makes one a baptist not once opposition to another church.
    Believing in things like: local independant churches, Believers baptism, the “priesthood of all believers”, sola scriptura, separation of church and state, freedom of conscience and even pacifism are what make a person a baptist, not a desire to sully the reputation of the 'competition' at all costs.

"I try to force myself to believe that you are not one of the false brethren as spoken by apostle Paul. " :rolleyes:
    Simple cultural differences and matters of personal interest ( not to mention maturity and integrety), can colour the subjects one posts about quite heavily, no reason to get paranoid.

9. MikeS

MikeS New Member

"Accusing" non-Catholics of being Catholics seems to be fairly common on the BB. OTOH, I've never seen a Catholic "accused" of being a non-Catholic here. Wonder what it all means...

10. mioque

mioque New Member

"The "sad thing" is that there are some RC members on this board "not doing their job". If they can't get Mioque to join the fold "
    For starters: as long as the RCC still baptises babies, isn't into Sola Scriptura and doesn't go for strict separation of church and state...
    Conversion is not going to happen.

"He only "surfaces" on the board when RC sources are quoted that appear to say something unfavorable to the RCC in the eyes of non-Catholics."
    She Bob, I have girl bits, not boy bits.
    And I only see you ever post on the Other Religions / Doctrines part of the BB. And you almost never seem to talk about anything else but the evils of Romanism.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Take personal remarks to pm and keep this thread on topic folks.
    Gina

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob said "The "sad thing" is that there are some RC members on this board "not doing their job". If they can't get Mioque to join the fold "

Ok - it is good to know what the limit is. Thanks for clearing that up.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mioque said "And I only see you ever post on the Other Religions / Doctrines part of the BB. And you almost never seem to talk about anything else but the evils of Romanism. "

I used to post a lot on the Cavlinist vs Arminian board. But it has fewer cycles that it can go through without repeating the same points over and over for the Calvinists to ignore.

So I came over here as there are a much wider set of doctrinal subjects that can be covered.

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Martin is a best-selling RC author that is most famous for his book "Keys to this Blood".

The fact that "saying something positive" about his views will cause RC-wanna-be's like Mioque to "surface" with some insult is simply "instructive".

Though Martin presents his book in a story form - his insights into the geopolitics of the RCC in the course of recent history is also "instructive".

</font>[/QUOTE]Did I already mention the thing about "geopolitical strategist"?

In Martin's book "Keys of this Blood" he contrasts the vision and strategy of a number of different Christian groups -- any comments?

In Christ,

Bob

15. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Do agree with Martin that JP2 brought about the downfall of the Soviet Union?

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not sure that JP2 did it "alone". But the meetings that took place between JP2 and the American President before the fall of the Soviet Union and the role that Poland played in that do not appear to be "insignificant details".

Bob

17. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

If you think his meeting with the president had a significant effect on the collapse of the USSR then I doubt you read Martin's book Keys of This Blood.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is the case Martin makes in his book

The point remains.

You know -- the details again.

In Christ,

Bob