1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Christmas Song (Sacred and Secular)

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by tenor, Sep 21, 2005.

1. tenor

tenor New Member

DYHWIH is not one of my favorites, but ReGeneration is a good choral group. Actually there are 4 Christmas in Velvet albums available on 2 CDS.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Well, I can't be very innovative here because my favorites are:

O Holy Night

Halleujah Chorus from thee Messiah

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

RadioMargaritaville.com is playing Peter Mayer's "Stars and Promises: Live" concert right now. It's an annual tradition and it really isn't Christmas in our house without it.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Here's some seculars I like:

Belafonte......Suzanne late 50's or early 60's simply the most beautiful song. don't think it can be found now though. Have it in vinyl but no needle for player.

Chris DeBurgh.......Lady in Red puts me in mind of my wife

Bryan Adams........Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman another Barb (my long time love) song

Eric Clapton...Tears in Heaven tragedy in spades.

Clay Aiken...Mary Did You Know wish I knew who did the original, we went through about 6 singers recently and didn't find the original, or at least the one we liked best.

Seems it's OK to post some secular on this thread, if not, delete and accept my opologies.