1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Favorite Gospel Passage

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Sep 28, 2012.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Psalm 62:1
    [ Psalm 62 ] For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David. Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 62:5
    Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.

Psalm 116:7
    Return to your rest, my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.

Jeremiah 6:16
    This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

Matthew 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Psalm 73:28
    But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

Romans 4

4 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[Gen. 15:6; also in verse 22]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

3. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

4. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Thanks for using that verse, as I am studying in the book of Acts and just went through that chapter. Being a Gentile, I am glad and rejoice myself that salvation has come to my house.