1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Songs

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Britney, Mar 3, 2005.

1. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

I've never heard of "the other CCM" - you got a website?

P.S. Especially one with fiddle. :D

2. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Hey, ktn4eg, I just noticed you were saved in Tucson?

3. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Will you send me some recordings too?!

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

A Z Fiddler--I PM'd U about Tucson. Not sure if you were directing your question about a web site to me and, if you were, whether you were referring to Don Moen and/or Celtic Christian Music or maybe both.

If it's Don Moen you're asking about, check Integrity.com since he's been with Integrity Music for well over a decade, probably closer to 20-25 years.

Don has had many projects down through the years: "God With Us,""God For Us,""God In Us," "Rivers of Joy," "I Will Sing," plus a multi-media compilation based on perhaps his best known song "God Will Make A Way" that's advertised on many Christian TV stations.

His latest project, "Thank You Lord," was recorded live in concert at Regent University in VA Beach, VA, not too far from where his "I Will Sing" was done a couple years back (in fact, some of the choir members in "I Will Sing" show up in "Thank You Lord.").

As for the Celtic Christian Music, Celtic is a style of music that comes from the folk music that orginated centuries ago in the lands of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and Brittany (in NW France along the northern & western coast lines).

In the secular realm folks like flutist James Galway, the Irish Chieftans, and the dance team Riverdance have re-awakened an interest that never really died out in certain sectors of the folk music genre. However, it seems that it's only been fairly recently that Christian music played in that style is becoming popular as a sort of alternative to the more "heavy metal" side of contemporary Christian music.

Off and on there'd be a little "flash in the pan" and a Celtic ballad would be famous for a while then fade back into obscurity ("O Danny Boy," "Greensleeves," and even the American ballad "Shenandoah," to name a few).

Anyway, Celtic Christian Music is the kind that'll easily steal your heart away, if you let it---and you SHOULD let it, I say, me laddies and lassies!

5. AZfiddler_Oct1996

I PM'd you back. ;) Are you sure it's integrity.com? I don't think that was the right website. I don't know anything about Celtic music but my teacher taught me a song called Catharsis, I don't know anything about it either- the music is fun but I don't know any words or even if it has them. You ever heard of it? Do you play an instrument?

-Alycia

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

AZf--will respond to your PM when I have a little more time. Looks as if I goofed again on the web site's URL that I gave you. If you wish to visit Integrity Music, their web site is integritymusic.com That site is for the ENTIRE realm of that organization. They offer items that pretty much run the gamut of the entire CCM genre (and may, or may not, have some Christian Celtic music selections in their catalog).

A Google search reveals that Don Moen has his own web site, donmoen.com I would guess that this website would primarily focus on just Don Moen's products (as opposed to the entire Integrity catalog).

Don Moen is not strictly a "Celtic Musician," as such. Down through the years, he's taken various musical styles and has either written and/or performed praise and worship songs in those styles. (EX: "God is Good All the Time" was orginally written in the "Country Christian" music style. "Mi Corazon" [a song featured in his latest "Thank You Lord"] has a Latin style to it [In fact, some years ago Don & a few others--most notably Sandy Patti--collaborated to produce an entire CD "En tu Presencia" that takes some English language praise songs and translates them into Spanish, e.g., "We've Come to Praise Your Name" becomes "Venimos A Adorate."], then, as I mentioned in an earlier posting, Don has performed a few songs that are on "Thank You Lord" in the Celtic style.

Bottom line is that while God has certainly blessed Don Moen with an amazing degree of musical talent (composing, arranging, playing and singing)--and, through Don, His kingdom--I was wondering if any of you folks out there in Baptist Board land know of any performers that stay pretty much in just the Celtic style of performance of Christian music.

7. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Which song(s) on Thank You Lord does he play Celtic? I was actually wondering if you knew of a website with Christian Celtic Music. Also, I wanted to hear the guy you talked about (it might have been Don Moen) who played the Celtic fiddle. I don't like most CCM but I've never heard "the other" CCM and wanted to hear some. I think you were asking the same thing. lol Oh well. Maybe someone'll come up with something. ;) Thanks.

In His Love,
    Alycia

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

AZf--Wonder if Integrity will cut me a commission check?!!? [​IMG]

OK, "Thank You Lord"'s Celtic songs:
    8) 'At the Foot of the Cross' [5:14]
    10) 'Worthy of Praises' [kinda hints at it][5:14]
    and the final track
    14) 'When It's All Been Said and Done' [3:30]

Maybe there is some sort of "Celtic Christian Music" web site out there that goes beyond the "This CD is the greatest thing since sliced scones," self-promoting [in all Christian humility, of course!] marketing, but, given the current state of Christian Madison Avenue non-still-small-voice marketing strategies, I have my doubts.

Kind of makes a person wonder how they managed to "turn the world upside down" back in Century One A.D. when all they had was just some letters in Greek....no multi-media, digitalized, computerized, downloadable, power-pointed, youth focused, purpose-driven, gender-neutral, racially-diversified, life-applicated, user-friendly delivery platforms. Guess they just had to depend on the power and presence of His Holy Spirit, even if it meant being martyred....What a concept! [​IMG]

9. CubeX

CubeX New Member

Wonderful Cross - hymn, praise song, & the version by Jeremy Camp (?)
    Jesus Freak - Dc Talk
    In The Light - Dc Talk
    Entertaining Angels - Newsboys
    What Do You Believe? - Grits
    Dear Slim pt. 2 - KJ-52 (this guys song telling Eminem that Jesus is the only way - awesome song!)
    Sea of Faces - Kutless
    Every Little Thing - Hawk Nelson
    Cornerstone - Day of Fire

+ many more!

-David

10. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

David
    I love sea of faces I am singing it this Sunday in church the words really touch you. Do you have the cd it is the best cd.
    If you like them look at www.air1.com
    I listen to this page every morning I love it.
    Kristen

11. CubeX

CubeX New Member

Cool, I'll check it out and good-luck on the solo! :D

God-bless!
    -David

12. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

Thanks. I found out about it while I was doing summer missions last summer.
    Kristen