1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FBI Issues New Warning: al Qaida Makes WMD Threat

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, May 28, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The FBI issued a bulletin to 18,000 law enforcement agencies this week warning that al-Qaida has made new threats to use weapons of mass destruction against U.S. targets.

ABC News reported late Tuesday that intelligence sources have confirmed that al-Qaida plans to release a new video on the web sometime tomorrow. U.S. intelligence believes the terror group will advise its "jihadists to use biological, chemical and nuclear weapons to attack the West."

"It would be someplace in the United States, in most likely Washington and or New York, depending on how many devices they have. Or both cities," Mueller said.

THE REST OF THE STORY

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I'm sacred now. [​IMG]

Al Qaida can go jump in the lake. They can run off at the mouth all they want. I am an American and I won't cower before them.

#2 KenH, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

While the FBI is being very cautious, this happens a lot. From the original story cited by Newsmax...on ABC News...here is an excerpt:

Ben Venzke, the CEO of IntelCenter, a group that monitors terrorist communications on the Web, said the video, entitled "Nuclear Jihad, The Ultimate Terror," is a jihadi supporter video compilation and not from an official group.
    "Supporter videos are made by fans or supporters who may not have ever had any contact with a real terrorist," Venzke said. "These videos almost always are comprised of old video footage that is edited together to make a new video."

He said the material in these types of videos does not qualify as an official message from al Qaeda or any other group.
    "Considering them so would be the equivalent of considering a 10-year-old's homemade fan video of his favorite sports team to be an official team message," Venzke said. "IntelCenter is not aware of any new imminent message by al-Qaeda or any other leading jihadist group in audio or video form that will call for the use of WMD against civilians."