1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fear and trembling

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dustin, Apr 1, 2006.

1. RTG

RTG New Member

Hello all, And I will cleanse them from their iniquity,whereby they have sinned against me;and I will pardon all their iniquities,whereby they have sinned,and whereby the have transgressed against me.And it shall be to me a name of joy,a praise and an honour before all nations of the earth,which shall hear all the good that I do unto them:and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.Jeremiah 33:8-9 KJ

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Do you have some Biblical justification for the idea of two salvations and that one is for the Millenium?

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Those who will participate in the Millenium (if there is one) are the martyrs.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

SN basically much of the New Testament is talking about the salvation of the soul not the salvation of the spirit.

The salvation of the soul is directly tied into acceptance of the coming kingdom. That is the big misconception when it comes to the message that John the Baptist, Christ, the Apostles and early disciples were delivering. They weren't delivering a message of salvation by grace, but they were delivering a message of salvation in regard to the kingdom of the heavens (Matthew 13 specifically, but every other place that kingdom of heaven is used in Matthew it is actually plural with the definite article "the" which means the correct rendering would be the kingdom of the heavens - this can also be found in John chapter 3 I believe in one of the earliest manuscripts although it is not translated that way, but kingdom of God).

You can also see that specific wording in James 1:21 and I Peter 1:9.

When we are saved by grace through faith we are made alive spiritually, but our spirit which is now in light is separated from our soul which is still in darkness. And since we are made alive spiritually we are now in a position to entertain the gospel of the glory of Chirst, which is how Paul refers to this message. Before we were made alive spiritually it was impossible to entertain this message, because it is a spiritual message and spiritually dead folks can not understand spiritual things.

We are made alive spiritually so that we can understand the rest of the good news.

5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Some entertain the idea that you can die spiritually. I've heard of people who think tha Judas was legitimatly saved, but he turned back and betrayed Jesus. They say that he died spiritually... I don't hold to that because Jesus himself said it was that scripture could be fufilled. I've heard some say David died spiritually but I say if he was spiritually dead, how could he turn away from his sins if adultery and murderand ask forgiveness?