1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feast of the Assumption of Mary

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mojoala, Aug 14, 2006.

1. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Catholic link removed.

#1 mojoala, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am sorry Mojoala,

I can't understand why you would continue to post over here when you bash this board and it's members on other forums.

Are you only Trolling for responses and looking to stir up trouble, or what?

Your profile claims you to be a Baptist, and yet, you claim to be a Catholic. You have claimed over at the other forums, that you joined under false pretenses, and didn't say you were a Catholic because you felt your application would be denied.

In another post, on the other forums, you said you might become a predatory Catholic, pushing your faith onto others.

Can you answer/explain to me these questions:

Are you a Catholic?
    Why are you posting in this forum is you don't like it or it's members?
    Why do you talk badly about this forum, yet continue to post here?
    Why did you join under a falsehood, and yet expect us to believe or listen to anything you have to say?

Thanks for your time,

Jamie

3. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Who's bashing?

I just posted a link to a quicktime file.

Is there any bashing in the file?

No.

Just providing food for thought.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Thanks for totaly avoiding the questions I ask... If you want to call it bashing, then it's your right.

I just asked some questions in public because I was tired of you posting under a false pretense and leading my brothers and sisters into argument after argument.

Sorry if you took offensive, but it's the cards you yourself dealt.

Jamie

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

We can no longer see the link, so we cannot comment on what was in it. But to my Baptist mind the assumption of Mary into heaven is easily the "farthest-out" thing that Catholics teach. Remembering that it rests on the unnecessary hypothesis that "original sin" means that sin is imparted by the act of conception, leading to the a priori notion that in order for Mary to have been the bearer of the Christ, she had to have been free of that "original sin" -- that in turn leading to the premise that she was immaculately conceived -- so that the veneration of Mary became cultic in proportion during the Middle Ages: then the climax of it all is a doctrine that was not even proclaimed until the 20th Century -- and all of this with no historicity behind it. It really is too much!

Sorry for the diatribe, but I just cannot fathom multiple "assumptions" (play on words fully intended).

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For a church that claims to have the "truth" and a "keeper" of the truth, it is truly strange that this "so-called 'truth'" was only officially adopted by the Catholic Church in 1950. This tells you that it is no truth at all, but simply a man-made doctrine of the RCC. The truth that God has set forth in His Word is eternal. RCC "doctrine is in a state of constant flux or change.
    Jesus Christ, the Divine Word, is the same: yesterday, today, and forever. He never changes.
    DHK

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Account of St. John the Theologian
    of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God

AS THE ALL-HOLY glorious Mother of God and ever-virgin Mary, as was her wont, was going to the holy tomb of our Lord to burn incense, and bending her holy knees, she was importunate that Christ our God who had been born of her should return to her.
    And I John say to her: Jesus Christ our Lord and our God is coming, and thou seest Him, as He promised to thee. And the holy mother of God answered and said to me: The Jews have sworn that after I have died they will burn my body. And I answered and said to her: Thy holy and precious body will by no means see corruption.
    ….
    And I answered and said: Yes, I heard. And the Holy Spirit said to me: This voice which thou didst hear denotes that the appearance of thy brethren the apostles is at hand, and of the holy powers that they are coming hither to-day. And at this I John prayed.
    [b]And the Holy Spirit said to the apostles: Let all of you together, having come by the clouds from the ends of the world, be assembled to holy Bethlehem by a whirlwind, on account of the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ;[/b]
    Peter from Rome, Paul from Tiberia, Thomas from Hither India, James from Jerusalem. Andrew, Peter's brother, and Philip, Luke, and Simon the Cananaean, and Thaddaeus who had fallen asleep, were raised by the Holy Spirit out of their tombs; to whom the Holy Spirit said: Do not think that it is now the resurrection; but on this account you have risen out of your tombs, that you may go to give greeting to the honour and wonder-working of the mother of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, because the day of her departure is at hand, of her going up into the heavens.
    And Mark likewise coming round, was present from Alexandria; he also with the rest, as has been said before, from each country. And Peter being lifted up by a cloud, stood between heaven and earth, the Holy Spirit keeping him steady.[/b] And at the same time, the rest of the apostles also, having been snatched up in clouds, were found along with Peter. And thus by the Holy Spirit, as has been said, they all came together.

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am sure that many non-Catholics read the above RC text rolling on the floor laughing out loud -- but be serious for second. That text IS a perfect example of how farrrrrrrr they can go once man-made tradition is placed on the throne instead of God and His own infallible Word.

Let all be warned who would dare follow them in doing such a thing.

In Christ,

Bob