1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb. unemployment rate remains unchanged at 9.7 percent

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I hear you brother! Hang in there! You're in my prayers. I know and feel it is a lot worse than it appears for many folks. Somehow, the reality t.v. of yesteryear, which showed us the real time horrors of war, and the devastations of earthquakes is saying little of the reality which is a part of many people's changed lives in this economy. But I can feel it. People still coming and going, smiling, buying groceries, eating out. Parking lots mostly empty. Thrift stores raising their prices on second hand goods and parking lots full. People are doing what they can: Isolated in their personal trials while presenting happy faces as though nothings wrong. New car lots full with no buyers and mostly drawing the curious, the dreamers: Used car dealers go to auctions and buy scraps and rearrange and place for sale 3x what they would have brought 2 years ago and no takers. A car repair man doesn't protest the waiting on a car that wont go.... as the owner pleads for time to get the money together to have the repair done: storage 'no problem,' he states,'we're slow anyhow'. Dental work, glasses, repairs.........people choosing to wait on items which just 2 years ago they'd thought nothing of saying 'charge it'. It will get better. It will get brighter. Just be patient, we tell ourselves. Feeling alone in ones own circumstances, a story leaks out here, and then there, and then yonder: One realizes they are not alone. Foreign stories come in: Rioting in the streets and protests; Stories of earthquakes and disasters and miraculous survivals and changed lives: People for the first time hearing and responding to the gospel message. Perhaps this is for our good and His glory. You are not alone. You have the Father and the Son and the holy ghost....... you are not alone. No matter where life takes you and no matter what the trial, you are not alone. Your loving Savior does not count success or failures as the world is accustomed to counting it. He pleads to draw closer and be comforted and satisfied in Him and keep the faith with endurance. He'll carry you through. He has promised to never leave you or forsake you. He was left and dispised and foresaken. He knows and has already been beyond any experience we might have....... and he comforts instead of dismissing us and tells us we are not alone for we have Him.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

the numbers are higher here and continuing to climb with no real jobs opening up, new jobs.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that's good news, I'd hate to see what he thinks is bad news.

What a moron.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>now if we can just explain the difference of 4% in the Dakotas and Nebraska and the 14% in Michigan

Dakotas and Nebraska are large agricultural states with a low population density. Lots of family farms and businesses. If it takes one guy to drive a tractor and it's plowing time . . . .

But maybe one of you can explain how the stock market can rise in step with the unemployment rate?