1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fed-up catholic bishop leaves democratic party for gop after 44 years

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The head of the diocese of Providence, R.I., said he left the Democratic Party for the GOP after witnessing the pro-abortion, pro-same sex marriage stance of the party at the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

For Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin, that was his “a-ha moment.” He had been a registered Democrat since 1969.

t was just awful,” Tobin said of the DNC on Tuesday before a meeting of the Rhody Young Republicans in Providence.

Tobin, 65, said he is unwilling to be “associated structurally with that group, in terms of abortion and NARAL and Planned Parenthood and [the] same-sex marriage agenda and cultural destruction I saw going on,” WPRI-TV reports. “I just couldn’t do it anymore.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-after-44-years-i-just-couldnt-do-it-anymore/