1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Federal Reserve Sends Record $88.4 Billion Profit to U.S. Treasury

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Mar 18, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Federal Reserve sent a record $88.4 billion in profits to the U.S. Treasury last year, audited results showed on Friday, a big payday for the government thanks to the central bank's massive bond purchases.

The income came mostly from $80.5 billion in interest on Treasury bonds and mortgage-backed securities, according to the annual financial statements audited by Deloitte. Total Fed bank assets stood at $2.9 trillion at the end of last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ord-profit_n_2884366.html?utm_hp_ref=business

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    88 Billion is a big number, but I look at it this way:

I am $160 in debt - and someone gives me a one-dollar bill to help pay on my debt.

At 3% interest, I would owe $4.80 interest per year. So that one dollar will only make my total debt 163.70 for the year, instead of 164.80.

Our country is in serious financial trouble. :tear: and it looks like it is only going to get worse.