1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Federal Response Not as Portrayed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Sep 15, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

Bro.Curtis, thanks for sharing your story. I will have to remember it when times get tough. I guess I should look at it that way...but...wouldn't you feel like you have a right to something you've earned...that you paid into?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

KJ, I've been down and had to start over a couple times myself. Unemployment insurance, is just that an insurance policy and a good thing to have in tough times. I never looked at it as a hand up from the government myself.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

I don't look at unemployment insurance as a hand up either though. What I'm talking about is here in Canada the government is SUPPOSED to help those who are laid off or lost their job through no fault of their own go to truck driving school. The idea is they will get a job and not have to depend on the government. However, they didn't come through for me. They said I had a job to go back to. Which is a dead end job and I get laid off multiple times a year. But...who am I to expect help from a program that is there to help...others...

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Guess you have to qualify as a displaced worker then KJ. I undersatnd the feast to famine cycle having been in the construction trades for so long. Here's how I broke the cycle.

I started my own subcontracting business. Now I can lay myself off and not have to worry about somebody else doing it to me. :cool: