1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Feel depressed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 2, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, criticism does not always come across in a tone we would prefer. However, the important thing is not the tone but the correctness of the criticism. The critic will have to answer to God for their tone, but what you will have to answer to God for is the truth of the criticism. Are they telling you the truth? If they are, don't try to justify disobedience to the truth simply because the tone offends you. Try to get yourself out of the way and then consider the criticisms objectively asking yourself are they telling me what it true? The great thing about being wrong and knowing you are wrong, is that now you are in a better condition to seek what is right and be right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly.
    That is how serious this is.For months you have promoted wotm......and claimed to believe as Calvinists do....but I know for certain that you will not find any support from any solid believer for shipwreck that is taking place here...
    Speak with the Pastor of the church you are visiting .

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, If the tone is a problem for you, I doubt it you would have ever made it in the Army - let alone the Marines. Many of the posters (including myself) are Military vets. And the discipline and training we received in our basic/boot camp ( as well as thurout our entire military career) help make us the men we are today.

Looks like you need some disciplined. Recommendation - you need to be discipled by some spiritual/matured men in your church.

And in the meantime - those of us will be praying for you and your wife.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two things that I have long thought were good for young men: Military Service (to teach discipline) and either farm labor or construction (to teach how to physically work).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord Himself may very well be causing this to be happening, in order to have you deal fully with your familiy situation, and to get you to focus onto your relationship with Him...

You need to take down time and stop evangelizing in order for Him to help you in these areas!

Your new church, what are their beliefs?

• Agree Agree x 1