1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feet Washing.

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by danthebaptist, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I am in no way a liberal, but I am also am not old either. Nothing in the bible supports the 'old way' over anything else. Of course thats for the 'other' thread you have going isn't it, you know the one you abandoned after causing striff.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

and your supose to be a preacher huh, you've got a long way to go. Theres a problem with preachers who love to so easily insult people. If you'd stop adding to the bible, and just present your opinion ,as not being scripture itself, and stop the name calling, people would be more apt to listen to you.

#22 donnA, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you would want to imitate the historical context of the first century church then you would also walk around all day long and let the manure squeeze through your toes then wash each other's feet.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Then buh-bye! :wavey:

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do not remember if the Lord ran around in a "spin cycle" or not. Tell you what, when we get to Heaven, ask Him. Or when you pray tonight, ask the Lord if He did a "spin" dance.

If I did not wash feet, I guess I would come up with something stupid also.

BBob,

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The Lord said "ye know not what I have done unto you, but ye shall know, hereafter".

If it had of just been "dirty feet", I am sure the apostles had enough sense to know that. It was much more than washing someone's dirty feet. If you do not do it and never have, then you just plain do not know what you are talking about and should be quiet.

BBob,

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why would you clap when someone is making fun of what the Lord did??

BBob,

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The more informant posters, who do not wash feet, have respect for those who do and have stated it is a way of showing humility towards one another, instead of holding your head in the air, as if you are much better. I remember someone else who did that in scripture, saying, I am glad I am not as this publican here.

BBob

9. Magnetic Poles

I have never smoked marijuana, but I have an opinion on it.
    I have never performed an abortion, but have an opinion on it.
    I have never gotten drunk, but have an opinion on it.
    I have never eaten dog, but have an opinion on it.
    So you are not the posting cop...I will not keep quiet. You can either read my posts or not.

Also, please note...I did NOT disparage or insult those who do...merely expressed my view. You don't like it? Tough!

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

7: Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
    8: Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
    9: Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
    10: Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
    11: For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.
    12: So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
    13: Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
    14: If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
    15: For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
    16: Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
    17: If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

What Christ did was much more than washing their feet!!

When it was just washing feet, it was not after they had eaten supper, it was when they came to visit.

2: And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
    3: Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
    4: He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.

BBob,

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Out of one side of your mouth you say, you did not insult those who do, and out of the other, you say, if you do not like it "tough". Sounds just like you.

You also say: anachronistic , which is out of chronical order.
    Well, Jesus washed their feet after Supper, now if it were for dirty feet, then seems that would be anachronistic , also.

I don't think you know what you are talking about and sure do not know how to talk about it.

BBob,

12. Magnetic Poles

BBob, go take a chill pill. You are increasingly becoming more hostile and antagonistic.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Go look in the mirror. Then you can tell me to get the mote out of my eye. You think you have fun with someone else's belief and not expect any rebute?? Grow up.

BBob,

14. Magnetic Poles

BBob, are you constipated? I never made fun of anyone's belief. I said I never have and never will participate. That isn't making fun. And as this is a fellowship thread, please take your baiting offline.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not the one baiting, it is you. You need to learn to be sensitive to others beliefs and quit your mockery statements. When you speak of my belief, I am going to respond to you. If you don't want some one to rebuke you, then don't try and sit on a high horse above them.

Just because you don't understand that Jesus told us we ought to wash one another's feet, is no reason to question those who do understand what the Lord is saying.

You need to think, why on earth did He wait until after supper to wash their feet. You also, need to consider Him saying the servant is not greater than the Lord and if I your Lord and Master (I suspect you claim Him) have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's. Also, you should try and understand why He said "you know not what I do to you now", but ye shall know hereafter. You think the apostles didnt know about the washing of dirty feet.

You do not study deep enough, you just glance over. Pick out the communion, but not the feet washing.

BBob,

16. Magnetic Poles

Bbob, I don't know where you are getting this. I never NEVER mocked your belief. You are being hypersensitive. I never said one disparaging word about footwashing. I made a comment about my belief. You went nuts over it. Get over yourself.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I was fine, until I read what you posted, as if you were so much more advanced than those who do "feet washing". You can say you did not mean anything when you said "such a thing", if you want. I take it you did mean a slur.

I take the following as you saying the Lord had no sense, to tell us we should also wash one another's feet.

BBob,

#37 Brother Bob, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  18. Magnetic Poles

BBob, you are sure reading way more into what I said. "Such a thing" means just that...not disparagement...just that I never have seen such a thing. Like I said, if you want to continue your false accusations, take them offline from this fellowship forum. You need more than your feet washed, you need to wash yourself of this persecution complex. I never meant anything you cite as a slur, so get over it already.

Wash all the feet you want...it matters not one bit to me.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We do wash all the feet we feel the Lord has commanded us to do. You may convince yourself you did not mean anything disrespectful, but doubt if you can convince the Lord. Have a nice evening,

BBob,

20. Magnetic Poles

Your false accusations continue. Sad. My words stand and speak for themselves, as do your attacks and false assertions. But I guess one cannot hold a reasonable conversation with someone who is unreasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.