1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Female Reporters

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Gib, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Knowing they already do it, should they really interview men in the lockeroom at the end of a game?

I can't imagine a man interviewing the ladies in their lockeroom?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, thinking specifically about football players, they are not that modest to begin with.

And baseball players aren't either. When one considers what the general public has to observe them doing sometimes while on the field.....well, we won't go there.

It would be different if she were interviewing a bunch of male doctors or pastors or professors at a conference at a hotel and walked in the men's room and started interviewing.

That would be highly inappropriate.

But you are talking about guys of a different breed and in a more "primitive" state of mind due to the primitive nature of the game who really don't care.

And if it were inappropriate for her to be there, then it would be just as inappropriate to air it on television and in that case, it wouldn't matter the gender of the interviewer or the cameraperson...it would be inappropriate regardless.

And as for a man interviewing a woman in the lockeroom, I don't know of any women's sports where there would be "team chaos" in the lockeroom after a game where the interviewer would be forced to just jump in and interview whoever he could.

By the same token, an interviewer would not interview a male tennis player or a male Olympian in the lockeroom. Because it's just one person, the interviewer could be more organized and the interviewer could wait.

I think it also has to do with being able to get an audience with that person. And in a maddening, sweaty crowd, one has to just jump in when he or she can.

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

But you are talking about guys of a different breed and in a more "primitive" state of mind due to the primitive nature of the game who really don't care.

What? You're kidding right? How many football players do you know personally, and have you personally talked to them after a game?

Besides, most of the interviews I see are as players are walking off the court/field, or right outside the locker room, and I watch sportcenter EVERY night with my husband. Are you referring to a specific interview, Gib? Yes, I know it has been done before, but I don't see much now.