1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feminism = Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't matter what I think the answer is. The issue is, can someone else defend his answer? It questions basic assumptions, the defense of which, to have any merit, demands more than epithets and appeals to conventional wisdom.

I did not realize I was advocating feminism.

Well, you were. When you speak of "radical Feminism" you're implying a division between a Feminism that is acceptable, and a Feminism that isn't.

I only advocate basic human rights.

So says Planned Parenthood and Roe v Wade.

Dealing with questions about where the line is to be drawn is difficult, but that's what free people do.

And here we are.

Aaron: And, again, Feminism has its roots in the Enlightenment.

rsr:Well, yeah. So does capitalism. So did the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. So did abolitionism. So do 1001 things that affect our world.

Really, the Constitution and the Declaration? Tell me, which philosophers of the Enlightenment were quoted when each was being drafted?

The fact of the matter is that our form of government is a fruit of the Gospel. So is Abolitionism. They are not the fruits of the atheistic philosophies of the Enlightenment.

Do you contend that everything that came out of the Enlightenment is bad?

Pretty much.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then there is really no reason to continue the discussion.

3. Pastor G

Pastor G New Member

I am a consultant in the field of abstinence until marriage education on a national basis. I face those who promote the lesbian/gay agenda often. Through the education system, they are deliberately seeking to create an american culture without the influence of the church.

They are winning the battle for the minds and hearts of our youth. The church must respond agressively. I'm afraid TLW (A great program, by the way) isn't near enough of a response.

I would like you to check out my website www.abstinencepastor.org

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

What?
    OK, what if she doens't? Then it would be hard for her to be a stay at mom huh?</font>[/QUOTE]
    Wait a minute, does she, or doesn't she, have kids? Don't the kids deserve the chance to be raisded godly by a godly Mother? Or do you suggest the sink or swim mentality and throw them to the dogs of Christian schools and the demonic public schools??
    If she is submissive to her husband, who else does she seek permission?
    Only if she wants to fulfill being what the Bible says she should be. Do you demand otherwwise?

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Oh I think there is! In the case of a man becoming a feminist, he is more closely related to being a homosexual.

Feminism is not effiminency, except in the case of a man.

Anything that teaches a man to be less than a man is leaning towards effiminency.

Anything that teaches women to be more acertive in things relating to taking the charge that belongs to men is feminism.

I have found that men who are married to acertive women are more likely to be backstabbers. I have also found feminine ladies to be more appreciative of their man than acertive women. But feminists tend to be trouble makers until there agenda is met, as we'll soon witness the feminists objections :rolleyes: [​IMG]

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Feminism can mean many things, from a dominant role for females to equality of worth and opportunity between the genders. I tend to view it as the latter, starting with the suffragette movement. Parity of salaries is still not a common thing, as women typically make less pay for the same job as a man. This is not right. I fail to see how equality and parity for women leads to acceptance of some perceived homosexual agenda.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

One problem with the pay issue, women are more likely to miss more work than men, uh, due to their being women.

Dont fuss at me, I didn't create woemn, God did! [​IMG]

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    bump

Just keeping this with the Feminism thread.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What?
    OK, what if she doens't? Then it would be hard for her to be a stay at mom huh?</font>[/QUOTE]
    Wait a minute, does she, or doesn't she, have kids? Don't the kids deserve the chance to be raisded godly by a godly Mother? Or do you suggest the sink or swim mentality and throw them to the dogs of Christian schools and the demonic public schools??
    If she is submissive to her husband, who else does she seek permission?
    Only if she wants to fulfill being what the Bible says she should be. Do you demand otherwwise?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't say throw them to the dogs of Christian schools and the demonic public schools.

I said that the Bible also says it is the man's job to educate his children. How can he educate them if he is not with them? If children are homeschooled, the man should be teaching them. This leaves the woman to earn wages for the rent and food, does it not?

Eph 6:4 KJV And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

RSV Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

HCS And fathers, don't stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

GNT Parents, do not treat your children in such a way as to make them angry. Instead, raise them with Christian discipline and instruction.

BTW, this woman sends her children to a Christian public school. If you would like to provide the funds for the rest of our lives, so that I can stay home and homeschool and they won't have to be thrown to the dogs, feel free to pm me and I will send you the information for my paypal account. If you will not do that, I suggest you tame your comments about the educational options some are forced to use in order to survive.

When I asked if a man needs a woman's permission to stay at home instead of working, you said: "Only if she wants to fulfill being what the Bible says she should be. Do you demand otherwwise?"

I'm assuming you read the question wrong. I asked if a MAN needs permission from a WOMAN if the MAN wants to stay home from work, just as you most likely believe a WOMAN needs the permission of a MAN if she wants to go to work.
    As both are gender roles you feel are biblical (man goes to work, woman stays home) I'd like to know that answer. If a woman needs a man's permission to go to work, does a man need a woman's permission to stay home?

11. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Question: Does feminism equal homosexuality?

Answer: Anybody who thinks so has lost all credibility as a serious thinker and is completely out of touch with the language and the realities.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the reasoning that sanctifies feminism is the same as the reasoning that sanctifies homosexuality. In the Feminism thread, I noted that Feminism denies two basic Scriptural principles—that a man and wife are indeed one flesh, and that the man is the head of the woman. The response was, "God bless it."

This is important because, to deny what Paul said in the NT, one must change what is said in Genesis, and that's what Phyllis Trible did as noted in the first post in this thread.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't know that feminism equals homosexuality, but feminism certainly makes homosexuality either a non-issue or acceptable. Feminisim desires to blur the distinction between men and women, and between any roles that may be more suitable to one sex over the other. Homosexuality goes against the normal sexual roles in intimacy. So there is a correlation there, imo.

The most hardcore feminist women I knew when I was in the New Age were lesbian witches. I think that extreme feminism logically leads to lesbianism (at least ideoligically speaking), and often to the feminist form of goddess witchcraft.

Remember that saying that was so popular at one time among feminists -- "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle?" That was everywhere -- on tee shirts, on coffe cups, bumper stickers, buttons, etc. That says it all -- men are not necessary for any role in a woman's life (except the biological one for a child). This is certainly lesbianism in an ideological sense. If lesbianism can thus be justified, so can homosexuality for men (according to this view -- I am NOT advocating this!).

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist