1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

feng shui

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 25, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

When it has to do with life forces, and energies, harmony with nature, eastern religion theres a lot wrong wiht it. Feng shui is not just arrangng furniture to look nice, it is arrangeing it so as it effects our happiness, energies, monitary gain, etc. The whole thing is a religion, nothing else, nothing harmless about it unless you think eastern religions are harmless, becasue thats just what it is.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Makes me think of so many emails that promise you all kinds of good luck if you "Just pray this prayer and send it to 10 people within 5 minutes of reading it. You will have bad luck within 2 days if you break the chain."

Incidentally forwarding these "blessings" also PROVES that you love Jesus!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Aesthetics and its ability to reduce stress is unscriptural? Absolutely ridiculous. </font>[/QUOTE]The purpose of it, despite the way it's marketed, is NOT aesthetics. It is totally based on a religion, Taoism, and the purpose is to have harmonious chi, and the methods used to have that are forms of divination using a complicated "compass" (it's not a regular compass), numbers, the belief in the 5 elements, and sometimes birth dates. Yes, sometimes the results happen to be pleasing, but you can get those results with regular creative methods, and regular interior decoration.

I probably spent over 100 hrs. in the research and writing of this, so please at least respect that. At least read one of the articles before you are so dismissive.

4. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Marcia,

I had never heard of feng shui before this thread. Nevertheless I was smelling a rat as the thread went on. Thanks for exposing the rat for what it is. I thought the article was well researched and well written.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen on several decorating hsows before where they would do feng shui (supose to be experts in this type of decorating and it was all one woman did), and let me tell you, I can't say I ever saw anything pleaseing and relaxing about it, it was plain ugly. They had to put certain items in front of the window because of the direction it faced, and plants, water elements that contained rocks, furniture placed and turne in certain directions for whatever good thing you are supose to get from it, even if the arrangement didn't make sense. All in all they were rooms that weren't as functional. There certainly are some much better decorating going on out there and they aren't based on false religion.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

If anyone thinks it is purely a style of decorating, lets see, I got these from the HGTV web site.
    Seems even the decorators on these shows know it is a religion.

7. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Flipping channels several months ago, I saw part of Trump's NYC apartment. If that's feng shui, it must have originated from Ceasar's Palace. :( Tacky.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thank you, Ivey Leaguer! [​IMG] [​IMG]