1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fetal Pain....

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by rufus, Aug 24, 2005.

1. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

Fox News just reported that two of the five authors of the study have ties to the abortion lobby; Dr. Lee with NARAL, and Dr. Frey with a Planned Parenthood clinic. Sounds like an agenda to me.

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Why is abortion the only choice pro-choicers advocate? Where is the choice? Am I missing something?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There are indeed groups that are not about "abortion only" as a choice. However, it's my personal observation that NARAL and similar groups are interested primarily in fostering abortion being the primary avenue.

I could be wrong in my observation of them, though.

4. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Johnv--you could be wrong and the moon could be made of green cheese.

Regardless of how advocates of infant murder want to disguise it, abortion is just that. In this sick land of ours, people get longer prison sentences for harming a dog than they do for killing babies. That "thing" in a womans body is a human baby. A zygote or fetus could refer to a horse, and if memory serves (which it often does not) it could even refer to non-vertabrates.

I view abortion as an abomination in contradiction to all the teaqches of the Bible. Christians should not support abortion actively or by their silence.

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I say that it is further data, whether true or not aimed at assuaging the conscience of abortionists.

The concept is evil through and through.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Seeking, I am not sure what your point is about horses. Femurs, hearts, teeth and other components are shared by many animals, including homo sapiens.

I also respect that you say your view is abortion is contrary to Biblical teaching. My view is that the Bible is silent on the matter, but I think abortion is way to common. I also am very much against abortion after the first few weeks unless the well being of the mother is at stake. I do not see it as an absolute black or white issue though, as the life of the mother trumps the life of the fetus. Still it is a divisive issue, and people of goodwill have varying views on the subject.

I know the verses about God knew you in your mother's womb, but that again does not say at what point an embryo or fetus becomes a person.

In any case, I wish abortion was much less common that it is today.

7. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

at what point an embryo or fetus becomes a person.

How about when the DNA of the cells are different from that of the mother? Which, of course, happens at the act of conception? It now has DNA from both parents.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I don't understand is, regardless of pain or not, isn't murder still murder? If I stabbed a quadrapalegic and he died, even though he felt no "pain", does it make the murder any different?

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

At around 19 or 20 years old.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

At around 19 or 20 years old. </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG]